Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    anyone know the problem of the jack connector, right?

    However there are no way to understand if the phone is in earpiece or earphones mode but in call.

    Is it possible to add an icon in statusbar, like the bluetooth one, when the earphones is plugged in?
  2. #2  
    I second that request.
  3. #3  
    Better yet, bundle this patch with the ability to manually get your phone out of headphone mode. I had to get my jack replaced, but for others who don't have insurance it would be a big help.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    Better yet, bundle this patch with the ability to manually get your phone out of headphone mode. I had to get my jack replaced, but for others who don't have insurance it would be a big help.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...hastly+headset

    No longer maintained as far as I know.
  5. #5  
    not possible unless you wanna compromise one of the other top bar icons (battery, rssi, gps, evdo, BT & ringer icon). I used to have that headset problem....I cleaned out my jack with a q-tip and a little alchohol, never had that problem since. it's been two years and the problem never returned....

    fyi, I think people look too far into this headset problem when the obvious solution is quite easy. patching, crazy plug in and pull out while in mute, creating apps for the issue! lol! etc..is ridiculous in my opinion
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    not possible unless you wanna compromise one of the other top bar icons (battery, rssi, gps, evdo, BT & ringer icon). I used to have that headset problem....I cleaned out my jack with a q-tip and a little alchohol, never had that problem since. it's been two years and the problem never returned....

    fyi, I think people look too far into this headset problem when the obvious solution is quite easy. patching, crazy plug in and pull out while in mute, creating apps for the issue! lol! etc..is ridiculous in my opinion
    I don't see how it would be impossible... It's easy to add additional icons to the top bar. You'd just have to find a way to check if the headphones are plugged in.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't see how it would be impossible... It's easy to add additional icons to the top bar. You'd just have to find a way to check if the headphones are plugged in.
    That would be cool I would like to have an earphones icon. If there would be a way to make a red one that would be even more awesome

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8. #8  
    I think I am in on wanting this


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't see how it would be impossible... It's easy to add additional icons to the top bar. You'd just have to find a way to check if the headphones are plugged in.
    well, how many icons can that side take? guess one would have to sacrifice one for the other? I have gps, ringer switch, evdo, rssi, battery, BT (when connected) and wifi (when connected, shuts off when it is in idle). I notice that room runs out for any more, and the BT icon gets replaced when I activate wifi. Guess it would come down to preference....I like the icon idea, however, the jack issue, in my opinion, can be avoided.
  10. #10  
    I've had the headset problem a few times. I've learned to be patient & wait about 10 to 15 seconds after turning it off before taking the plug out. It works fine now. I haven't had the problem in about a year.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    well, how many icons can that side take? guess one would have to sacrifice one for the other? I have gps, ringer switch, evdo, rssi, battery, BT (when connected) and wifi (when connected, shuts off when it is in idle). I notice that room runs out for any more, and the BT icon gets replaced when I activate wifi. Guess it would come down to preference....I like the icon idea, however, the jack issue, in my opinion, can be avoided.
    It can have as many icons as you want. In my top bar patches, I move the clock to the far right side to allow for more and/or larger icons.

    I do understand your argument though. With the clock in the center, you don't have much room to work with...

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  12. #12  
    I've got the solution! Instead of bumping icons, we have a scrolling band where all the icons currently 'on' will scroll by...along with stock market updates...and top breaking news stories...and we pay for it with ads that scroll by also...ads for earphones, and e-trade, and subscriptions to newsfeeds...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I've got the solution! Instead of bumping icons, we have a scrolling band where all the icons currently 'on' will scroll by...along with stock market updates...and top breaking news stories...and we pay for it with ads that scroll by also...ads for earphones, and e-trade, and subscriptions to newsfeeds...
    You could actually do that... lol

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  14. #14  
    I also would love to have such a "headset icon" patch... How about developing it myself? We have the "Ghasty headset" app, which is able to get the status of the headset plug. And we have the "GPS icon" patch, which is able to paint an icon on the top bar.

    So, I guess, reading the source code from both, and having lots of programming experience (although none in WebOS), I should be able to craft that patch by myself.

    Any developer out there could tell me where to start?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I also would love to have such a "headset icon" patch... How about developing it myself? We have the "Ghasty headset" app, which is able to get the status of the headset plug. And we have the "GPS icon" patch, which is able to paint an icon on the top bar.

    So, I guess, reading the source code from both, and having lots of programming experience (although none in WebOS), I should be able to craft that patch by myself.

    Any developer out there could tell me where to start?
    This really would be cool if you could do it much thanks much thanks.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #16  
    I would say look into the ringer patch and follow a similar strategy. Just contact that developer for assistance.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I also would love to have such a "headset icon" patch... How about developing it myself? We have the "Ghasty headset" app, which is able to get the status of the headset plug. And we have the "GPS icon" patch, which is able to paint an icon on the top bar.

    So, I guess, reading the source code from both, and having lots of programming experience (although none in WebOS), I should be able to craft that patch by myself.

    Any developer out there could tell me where to start?
    As djmcgee said, I'd start by looking at the ringer switch patch. That will show you how to add a div to bar-scene.html and how to set up that div's properties in systemui.css. It'll also give you an idea what to do in bar-assistant.jsjsjs.

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.

Posting Permissions