1.    #1  
    I brought this up a long time ago, and it didn't get much traction, but I thought I'd make another request to see if there's someone interested in looking at this.

I'd like to request a patch (or patches) that would implement/Fix the following syncing with Exchange:
    Tasks
    Flags

Here are the details...

Tasks:
    Currently the pre will sync with exchange tasks, but there appears to be a bug. If you create a recurring task in Outlook, and then mark it complete in WebOS , the task is deleted from exchange (including all future recurrenances).

Flags:
    WebOS seems to have its own flagging system seperate from Exchange. If theyc ould be tied together that would be amazing. Another additionw ould include a view for your inbox that would list all flagged items first, and all non-flagged items afterwards ordered by date (as usual)

If there's anyone willing to take it up that'd be awesome. I'm willing to help any way I can, i'm an IT/Programmer i just have never looked into patching webOS and don't have time to learn it now
    Would love fully functional native Exchange Tasks support. This is a dying feature of "smartphones" that ****es me off, really.
  3.    #3  
    yeah blackberry is the only one that does it correctly.
    webos syncs them, but not correctly.

i don't believe android or iphone even syncs tasks.

its all possible over activesync, so its a concious decision for whatever reason...
    I thought that creating a folder called "exchange" in the task app would sync that folder with EXCHANGE. Not sure about memos...

When I was synching with Exchange, I was still using Pocket Mirror to sync with outlook. I just removed the contact/calendar items from Pocket mirror so it only gave me tasks and memos. Pocket Mirror comes with outlook compatible task and memo applications so it was almost as usable as it was when I was syncing my Centro to outlook. Almost.

Try creating an subfolder called EXCHANGE and see if that works for you.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I thought that creating a folder called "exchange" in the task app would sync that folder with EXCHANGE. Not sure about memos...

When I was synching with Exchange, I was still using Pocket Mirror to sync with outlook. I just removed the contact/calendar items from Pocket mirror so it only gave me tasks and memos. Pocket Mirror comes with outlook compatible task and memo applications so it was almost as usable as it was when I was syncing my Centro to outlook. Almost.

Try creating an subfolder called EXCHANGE and see if that works for you.
    it does sync tasks, it just don't have full funtionality. specifically, webos cannot handle recurring tasks. if you create a recurring task in outlook (stored on exchange), it will sync to webos. if you then mark it as complete in webos, it DELETES the task including any future instances of it. it should instead, mark that instance complete and allow for future instances (based on the recurring schedule)
    Yep, that's why I like the task & memo apps that came with Pocket Mirror. They are fully lined up with outlook.

I don't know what Palm was thinking when they created the current memo and task apps. They are terrible apps already, but the inability to sync them, export them, etc. was a really stupid move. I am sooo hoping that HP will force them to fix this as part of making webOS into an enterprise-class product!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    +1 The Tasks & Notes apps that ship with WebOS are toys. HP needs to either bundle the PocketMirror ones or build equivalent functionality.

FYI - sad but true fact: the iPhone ships without ANY task support. 3rd party apps are required. With BB still being 'clunky' and Android being fragmented, a home-run with PIM data on WebOS would give Enterprise cred. where there's little now.
  8.    #8  
    ugh, pocket mirror is 40$?

bump for the new week
    I know it's stupidly expensive, but I just decided it was too important not to have, and chalked it up to an accessory I needed for my new phone. At the time it was cheaper than a touchstone, so I just went for it. Glad I did, especially not that I don't have access to an exchange server.

If this is more feasible as a homebrew solution, it will probably be in the form of an app, and not a "patch". there are several other apps that people are using for this, such as "RTM"... but none of them really do much with Outlook, which is what I needed.