Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2832397

Thanks to Beknatok.

Thanks,
    veerar.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Ok, it turns out only one of the two patches is needed; no idea what the browser.conf file does then . I am attaching the only patch require below ( browserAppConf.patch).

Also, I found that some websites, e.g.,
    m.cricinfo.com
    techmeme.com/m (subpage of a story)
    were badly misformatted. I removed the "EnableFitWidth=true" and it seems to work better.

I am also attaching another version ( browserAppConf16.patch) that increases the font size on most pages. HTH.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Ok, it turns out only one of the two patches is needed; no idea what the browser.conf file does then . I am attaching the only patch require below ( browserAppConf.patch).

Also, I found that some websites, e.g.,
    m.cricinfo.com
    techmeme.com/m (subpage of a story)
    were badly misformatted. I removed the "EnableFitWidth=true" and it seems to work better.

I am also attaching another version ( browserAppConf16.patch) that increases the font size on most pages. HTH.
    I'm 67 and I found that even with the browserAppConf16.patch text was a little too small to read on some sites on my Pixi Plus.

I've modified the patch to increase the default font size to 20 and the minimum font size from 8 to 10. It works great on dabr,co.uk, Facebook Mobile and Engadget. I've attached the modified patch in case anyone else wants to try it.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have tried several tweaks to the patch , changing the values of several options (MaxFontSize, MinLogicalFontSize, MinTextAutoSizeFontSize, FontScaleFactor). No further success .

The patch works on:
    mobile.nytimes.com
    m.ft.com
    m.cricinfo.com
    m.guardian.co.uk
    i.reddit.com

The patch does not work on
    m.newyorker.com
    mobile.bloomberg.com
    http://www.google.com/reader/i
    Techmeme
    m.precentral.net
    m.theregister.co.uk

The m.newyorker website is most frustrating since the default font size is _HUGE_ . Their leader articles have a length of 20,000 words. Its a joke trying to read those articles with that font size.

Its not the viewport line that is making the difference. e.g., on a webpage that the patch works (m.espncricinfo.com) and on one that it doesnt work (m.newyorker.com), the viewport options are the same:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=no" />
    content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=no;" name="viewport">

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Attached is a version for Pre3 webos 2.2.0