1.    #1  
    Could someone PLEASE make a patch which would ask for confirmation when sending a text to a number designated as 'Home' or 'Office'? I send a text too many times and webOS has switched the default to a landline. I then get a message saying it has been delivered via txt to landline, and then I feel like I must say I am sorry. I beg that someone please makes this. Please back me up if you think this is needed. Thanks
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Isn't there a way to just have the text app show only mobile numbers? I thought there was, but don't remember if it was a setting or a patch.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I waited through the agony of my Pre booting to check, but I'm not finding anything, sorry.

It may have been an old patch that's no longer available, or maybe I'm to sober....

Sent from my eVo
    Okay, I found the one I was thinking of, it displays the sms icon only on any number tagged mobile, if you use the universal search to find it.

And it's called SMS Icon for Mobile Tagged Numbers Only.

Hopefully, that'll help.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    You will need to make sure that you still have the mobile #'s TAGGED as Mobile in their profiles...

<deleted by mod>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/17/2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: unnecessary comment
  6.    #6  
    Hey, it was worth a try! So now back to my original beg and plea!!! And I swear this is the last fatal flaw in webOS!!!

EDIT: Maybe it is just Sprint!
    - Jeff
    You mean it's still showing landlines in universal search?

Sent from my eVo
  8.    #8  
    It is showing landlines in U.S. and more importantly, it allows texts to be switched to landlines. It should show in U.S., but confirm I want to send to a landline in SMS! IMO!
    - Jeff
    Wow! Interesting patch.

Sent from my eVo
    Should be possible to create a patch for this... I won't make any promises, but I'll take a peek at the code next time I've got time to spend.
  11.    #11  
    If you could send me a PM with direct donation info please, and thanks for considering it.
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    It is showing landlines in U.S. and more importantly, it allows texts to be switched to landlines. It should show in U.S., but confirm I want to send to a landline in SMS! IMO!
    I have that patch installed and in US, when I view a list of numbers for a contact, it will only show the [SMS] button (to the extreme right) if it is a mobile number. Thus, it would be impossible to accidentally send an sms to a non-mobile number.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  13.    #13  
    Ok, I rebooted again and the patch took. So now in Universal Search it only shows SMS for mobile, however that is not the issue. Maybe once a month, I will send a text and it sends to a landline. In the messaging app it can still change even with this patch installed. So, this patch doesn't make it impossible to send to a landline. And I don't want it to be impossible, just to confirm before sending. So this patch has not solved the issue I have, only US sending, which I have never done.
    - Jeff
    Just a quick update on this.. I have been able to add an alert when switching between numbers for a contact that can correctly identify mobile numbers and alert you when you have selected a non-mobile number, but when opening an existing conversation, that value is not present. I need to dig some more, but it appears the messaging app does not save the number type (home/mobile/work) in its internal database when it creates a conversation. I'm trying to determine the best place to put an alert, or possible an alternate method of notifying the user that the current number selected is not labeled as mobile. Would you prefer to be notified as soon as a non-mobile number is selected, or not until you press send? Ultimately, technical reason may make one way easier than another, but I'd like to shoot for what people would prefer.
  15.    #15  
    Well I hit send, thinking it is going to mobile and then get a text saying I sent to landline. I guess in this case I would prefer when I try to send, cause it seems to switch the default. Really though anyway this can be fixed I am in with. You are the engineer, I am the beta tester! Thank you again!!!
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Well I hit send, thinking it is going to mobile and then get a text saying I sent to landline. I guess in this case I would prefer when I try to send, cause it seems to switch the default. Really though anyway this can be fixed I am in with. You are the engineer, I am the beta tester! Thank you again!!!
    Thanks. I'll let you know when I have something ready.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #17  
    No, thank you and if you need anything else please let me know.
    - Jeff