Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Try the attached one.
    Warning: Do NOT use Quick Install to install this package! There seems to be a bug which causes really weird things. Only use Preware.

    Thanks for the tip with ".webosinternals.orig", it's used in the scripts now.

    Before installing verify that the md5sum is correctly so nothing is messed up: run "md5sum /usr/palm/ipkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk"
    md5sum should be: d1c6e2d4db6178c4f6735ae2c577a7a8

    Edit: This won't be the final version of the script. I'll add some checks if files exist already and also some md5sum-checks to prevent messing things up.
    So, I followed these steps without success:

    1. Removed App Catalog download patch
    2. Replaced empty /usr/palm/pkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk with /usr/palm/pkgs/original com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk
    3. Rebooted phone and verified App Catalog back to stock
    4. Installed com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk from tld.pcworld.fixappcat-auto-reinstall_0.0.2_all.ipk.zip via Preware
    5. Verified that /usr/palm/pkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk was copied to /usr/palm/pkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk.webosinternals.orig and a new empty /usr/palm/pkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk was in place
    6. Rebooted phone
    7. Confirmed empty /media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk exists with current timestamp
    8. Confirmed App Catalog works
    9. Applied patch and confirmed App Catalog displays download information
    10. Rebooted device and confirmed App Catalog still displays download information
    11. Uninstalled com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk from tld.pcworld.fixappcat-auto-reinstall_0.0.2_all.ipk.zip via WOSQI
    12. The empty /usr/palm/pkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk and /usr/palm/pkgs/com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk.webosinternals.orig were BOTH removed. The .orig file was not retained and the uninstall did not perform as expected.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    11. Uninstalled com.palm.app.findapps_2.0.20900_all.ipk from tld.pcworld.fixappcat-auto-reinstall_0.0.2_all.ipk.zip via WOSQI
    Thank you very much for testing!
    Uninstall it only via Preware, not via Quick Install. It's the same bug.

    Would be nice if you could test if uninstalling via Preware works for you as it should.
    If you haven't done that already, you have to transfer the original findapps-ipk to /usr/palm/ipkgs, extract that from a doctor.
  3. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Thank you very much for testing!
    Uninstall it only via Preware, not via Quick Install. It's the same bug.

    Would be nice if you could test if uninstalling via Preware works for you as it should.
    If you haven't done that already, you have to transfer the original findapps-ipk to /usr/palm/ipkgs, extract that from a doctor.
    I couldn't figure out how to uninstall it via Preware. I did uninstall App Catalog via Preware, but that wasn't what we wanted. It actually removed the app. Via WOSQI, I could clearly see the package and remove it. Any pointers?
  4. #44  
    The name of my package is "Prevent App Catalog from auto-reinstall", search for that in Preware. You will only see it if it is already installed.

    Edit: You have to reload the feeds in Preware first to see the package (after installing).
    Last edited by pcworld; 03/09/2011 at 12:12 PM.
  5. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    The name of my package is "Prevent App Catalog from auto-reinstall", search for that in Preware. You will only see it if it is already installed.
    I see it now. Will test after lunch.
  6. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    I see it now. Will test after lunch.
    OK, the Preware uninstall worked. After uninstall, the webosinternals.orig and empty ipk files were gone and the original ipk was back in place. Great job.
  7. #47  
    I will add some md5sum checks tomorrow to prevent mistakes.
    Someone will have to talk with the people responsible for the patches (dbSooner?!). The package which replaces the findapps-ipk has to get in one of the feeds and has to be dependency for all AppCat-related patches (best would be if the tools which create the ipks from the patch files did this automatically).

    Would also be good to figure out the problem with Quick Install and either fix this in the package, or, if it was a bug in QI, Jason would have to fix this and release a new version of QI.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I will add some md5sum checks tomorrow to prevent mistakes.
    Someone will have to talk with the people responsible for the patches (dbSooner?!). The package which replaces the findapps-ipk has to get in one of the feeds and has to be dependency for all AppCat-related patches (best would be if the tools which create the ipks from the patch files did this automatically).

    Would also be good to figure out the problem with Quick Install and either fix this in the package, or, if it was a bug in QI, Jason would have to fix this and release a new version of QI.
    The patch submission page has a field for adding package dependencies.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The patch submission page has a field for adding package dependencies.

    -- Rod
    Do you mean this public one or a private page? Because on this one I don't see a place for adding dependencies.

    Another question: Where should this package be submitted to (when it's more stable)? If it should be somewhere in the webOS-Internals-Feeds, how to get it there?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Do you mean this public one or a private page? Because on this one I don't see a place for adding dependencies.

    Another question: Where should this package be submitted to (when it's more stable)? If it should be somewhere in the webOS-Internals-Feeds, how to get it there?
    It's on the approval page. Note the dependencie in the submission notes and we'll add it as it is approved (after making sure it exists in the feeds).

    Contact me to submit packages to WebOS Internals feeds.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #51  
    Got weird results when trying to remove the patch through QI 4.0.4. It seems to delete all files patched in my case? I have attached a dir file as the starting point and one after removing the patch. After removing the patch all files patched seem to be deleted. The file patched is details-assistant. The Pre2 log file is below.

    Don't be confused by the details-assistant.myOrg.jsjsjs $file$. $That$ $is$ $my$ $copy$ $so$ $I$ $have$ $a$ $copy$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $when$ $this$ $happens$.

    ----------------------------------
    Actually applying the patch!
    ----------------------------------
    patching file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/details-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/details/details-all.html
    patching file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    SUCCESS

    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Mon Mar 14 12:52:16 CET 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.appcatalogshowdownloadcount/appcatalogshowdownloadcount.patch

    ----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    ----------------------------------
    Palm md5sum when installed:
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/details-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed:
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/details/details-all.html
    Palm md5sum when installed:
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)
    Removing created file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/details-assistant.jsjsjs
    Removing created file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/details/details-all.html
    Removing created file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json

    ----------------------------------
    Cleaning up backups...
    ----------------------------------
    file: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/details-assistant.jsjsjs
    file md5sum:
    orig md5sum: 11367809d86ec89570c132be15965480
    palm md5sum:
    Remove backup
    file: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/details/details-all.html
    file md5sum:
    orig md5sum: 267017d6500892c2391376cc0a3f9f60
    palm md5sum:
    Remove backup
    file: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    file md5sum:
    orig md5sum: 7f0aa52b7402a836573da8e7421e0d1b
    palm md5sum:
    Remove backup
    SUCCESS
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Got weird results when trying to remove the patch through QI 4.0.4. It seems to delete all files patched in my case? I have attached a dir file as the starting point and one after removing the patch. After removing the patch all files patched seem to be deleted. The file patched is details-assistant. The Pre2 log file is below.
    I can remember of this behavior too. Quick Install has some really strange bugs...
    The bug you noticed is similar to that one with the replace-findapps-ipk-package.
    Jason, help?
  13. #53  
    What happens when an ipk package (not a patch) gets updated?
    Do both the postinst and prerm scripts get executed?

    (I have to know this for the fix-appcat-autoreinstall-package.)
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I created a little ipk which should replace the app catalog ipk with the "empty" one and after removing this package it should revert all changes.
    I don't have time to test it currently, so please tell me if it works or not.

    If you did replacing the app catalog ipk manually, please revert these changes before installing the ipk via Quick Install.

    Note: Do this at your own risk.
    I tried the second version. The patch still does not survive a boot in my case. I have attached some directory contents including download and ipkgs. The model directory shows that the patched file is exactly the same length as the webinternals and my own original. Running the catalog does not show a download count after a boot. Anything I can do?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    The model directory shows that the patched file is exactly the same length as the webinternals and my own original.
    After reboot or right after patching?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Running the catalog does not show a download count after a boot. Anything I can do?
    Does the download count show up after a Luna (not full) restart? Note that this patch works only with USA/English configuration at the moment.

    Did you install/remove both the patch and the fix-appcat-autoreinstall-ipk via Preware? Quick Install has some really strange bugs with this...
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    After reboot or right after patching?

    Does the download count show up after a Luna (not full) restart? Note that this patch works only with USA/English configuration at the moment.

    Did you install/remove both the patch and the fix-appcat-autoreinstall-ipk via Preware? Quick Install has some really strange bugs with this...
    The download count (and the word rating) shows up after Luna restarts.

    The same directories after luna restart are attached. Installed the IPK with Preware. The patch with QI 3.14. That version works without any problem for me on a Pre 2.

    I have English/UK installed, hard for me to switch because of the formatting (numbers, currency etc)
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17. #57  
    Try to install (and remove) the patch via Internalz. Quick Install has some really strange bugs...
  18. #58  
    So, that's why the App Catalog is in cryptofs since webOS 2.1... to push updates! :-o
    App Catalog Updated to Version 2.0.22300; Promo Codes and Carrier Billing in tow | webOSroundup
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  19. #59  
    The stackoverflow originally posted in the wosqi thread occurred after the patch was installed, so t shouldn't have affected the patch install. That said, my upcoming update for wosqi should have an improved novacom connection and hopefully avoid the issue.

    The issue itself is odd. Particularly as the postinst and prerm scripts used by WOSQI are the same AUPT ones used by the patch ipk autobuilder webos-internals uses.

    I highly recommend people avoid creating a .patch that alters the current HP App Catalog (in /media/cryptofs/apps) and it could lead to problems when you try to uninstall the patch, and potentially require reinstalling the App Catalog from a webOSDoctor.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I highly recommend people avoid creating a .patch that alters the current HP App Catalog (in /media/cryptofs/apps) and it could lead to problems when you try to uninstall the patch, and potentially require reinstalling the App Catalog from a webOSDoctor.
    That's what the ipk in this thread is for and which doesn't work with WOSQI. It prevents the App Catalog from being reinstalled every reboot.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions