1.    #1  
    Wow, I have been a pre plus user now for a couple of months, and I have to say I had been a little hesitant about patching my phone stuff, in the past when I jailbroke my iPhone it lost some stability and would drain the battery quickly. But yesterday I was bored and decided to give it a try, and it's amazing, you guys really did a great job in making these patches. My phone is know running really smooth, fast, and responsive it's even beating my iPhone 4 loading websites over wifi!

Thanks everyone who contributed these, great work!
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Don't forget that the developers of most patches and Preware itself are volunteers, and they need donations to cover significant operating costs.

Please consider making a donation to the developers of the patches you use the most, and to WebOS Internals that hosts/delivers most of them through Preware. Most of them have links in their signature for you to quickly make a donation through PayPal.

Oh, and if you haven't installed Uberkernel + Govnah to overclock... that's a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Wow, I have been a pre plus user now for a couple of months, and I have to say I had been a little hesitant about patching my phone stuff, in the past when I jailbroke my iPhone it lost some stability and would drain the battery quickly. But yesterday I was bored and decided to give it a try, and it's amazing, you guys really did a great job in making these patches. My phone is know running really smooth, fast, and responsive it's even beating my iPhone 4 loading websites over wifi!

Thanks everyone who contributed these, great work!
    It certainly is, although there are NUMEROUS people that would tend to STRONGLY disagree with your statement over in the Cross-Platform Colisseum.

Why did you switch from iP4? From what a lot of people would have you believe, it's THE mother of all phones
    When I bought the iPhone for my daughter for christmas I jailbroke it (first thing to do ;-) and was shocked about cydia. Full of advertising and apps you have to pay for.
    I was so happy when back on preware ;-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Don't forget that the developers of most patches and Preware itself are volunteers, and they need donations to cover significant operating costs.

Please consider making a donation to the developers of the patches you use the most, and to WebOS Internals that hosts/delivers most of them through Preware. Most of them have links in their signature for you to quickly make a donation through PayPal.

Oh, and if you haven't installed Uberkernel + Govnah to overclock... that's a must.
    Uberkernal and govnah were the first patches I installed, along with download unthrottle, 8pixel radius, and smooth scrolling, I can definately see the difference!

As for donating I def plan to, just right now a little short on cash. Also, is there a pool donation somewhere, or would I have to donate to everyone individually?

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It certainly is, although there are NUMEROUS people that would tend to STRONGLY disagree with your statement over in the Cross-Platform Colisseum.

Why did you switch from iP4? From what a lot of people would have you believe, it's THE mother of all phones
    Oh, I still have my iPhone 4, I carry 2 phones. It just amazes me that after the patches my pre is actually faster than my iPhone in certain situations now, where as before my iPhone killed my pre in performance.

I just wish I could combine the phones, have the iPhones hardware, apps, and 3rd party support with webos and it would be the perfect handset.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    At the moment donations are to individuals, except for WebOS Internals which is a specific group of developers.

Having been in the software world for many many years, I can tell you that the architecture, quality, security, and pace of development is better within this community than most $multi-billion software companies. Especially monsters like Microsoft/Cisco/Citrix/IBM/etc.

Periodically the members around here do a fundraiser for WOS Internals because they carry the hosting/delivery cost for almost everything you see in Preware. Here is a thread about who they are, and a link to the most recent web-a-thon that happened during November.

WebOS Internals

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2313950

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nternals+names
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post

I just wish I could combine the phones, have the iPhones hardware, apps, and 3rd party support with webos and it would be the perfect handset.
    Stay tuned, your wish may be granted on Feb 9th when HP finally announces their new phones, strategy, etc...

<<---- *can't walk or write because fingers/toes crossed so hard that they are now stuck...*