Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I think this is my biggest complaint about 2.1 is my lack of patches for the launcher. I miss the background image, I miss the 4x4 I had, I miss the patch that gave me the 4 quick access launcher pages, and names, and the easy way to orange tap an app to move it to a different launcher page instead of dragging it. I will say dragging is easier between pages than it was for me before 2.1. But yeah I really miss launcher patches.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    What are our chances that even just a minor tweak to spacing will happen? I miss the smaller icons, but can live w/ it either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I think this is my biggest complaint about 2.1 is my lack of patches for the launcher. I miss the background image, I miss the 4x4 I had, I miss the patch that gave me the 4 quick access launcher pages, and names, and the easy way to orange tap an app to move it to a different launcher page instead of dragging it. I will say dragging is easier between pages than it was for me before 2.1. But yeah I really miss launcher patches.
    Seriously.. I dig my pre 2, but man, particularly on Verizon, the tweakability factor is seriously reduced, especially with the delayed update. Grumble. Every time I open that launcher I'm reminded by those huge clumsy icons-- I miss my Pre- often.

Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    I also miss my 5x4, Palm needs to address this asap,
    About the only thing I "miss" is the ability to hide the Quick Launch Bar. I thought I'd miss 5X4, but I'm over it already
    I very much miss the smaller icons. Very very much. So far that's my biggest gripe about 2.1 - the only significant one really. Is there a chance this will happen outside of HP making it happen it in the next version?
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick31 View Post
    I very much miss the smaller icons. Very very much. So far that's my biggest gripe about 2.1 - the only significant one really. Is there a chance this will happen outside of HP making it happen it in the next version?
    Ditto that. I hate having to scroll through pages of icons...

From what i understand the chance of getting a modified launcher is about 1%. AKA highly improbable, because it is compiled in some C or C# or somesuch. This means it isn't patchable, and re-writing it is neigh impossible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12