Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    we would see a patch for webos 2, that finally make a confirm check to the original sms application , when the sms it was received and downloaded from the recipient.
  2. #2  
    Unfortunately, SMS is a "best effort" service (simple message service) and anything like that would have to be provided by the carrier/network. And providing that between carriers would be even more complicated.

    That's why you can send an sms to your wireline phone or even a non-existent number that cant get sms, because it just sends it with no idea if it even arrives.
  3. #3  
    Seriously, how many SMS messages are people losing. Out of the 10's of thousands of text messages sent and received over the years, I have never come across one which never made it to a valid destination.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Seriously, how many SMS messages are people losing. Out of the 10's of thousands of text messages sent and received over the years, I have never come across one which never made it to a valid destination.
    the problem is not losing a single sms on the network , but know when it is received by the recipient, cause more reasons.....

    In this case , the iPhone jailbrecked has a utility in Cydia (like Preware ) named "iPhonedelivery" and if installed with BiteSms application , completes perfecty this function with a visible check when the sms is received on the remote phone .

    Why the same job is impossible to do on webOS ?
  5. #5  
    This is not the reason why it would be nice to have it - as on the old treo. and all "normal" phones... Its not because of being afraid of loosing messages, but more to know when it was delivered (I dont need the time when it was opened)...

    But to let you know... I dont know why, but on my Pre (-) I know about a lot of times when a message was not delivered to me or from me. Usually you dont know that you haven't received a message if in this message is not a question or some todo. Like my wife and my frends sends me a lot of messages of the kind "hello...". They dont even expect to get an response. but sometimes I should get a message from my wife of the kind "buy milk" and if I dont bring it to home my wife asks me why I havent done so if she wrote me... what? you wrote me... And the same happens when she is gone for the nite and and send her a few messages like "how are you doing? how is the party?" and so on.. then she comes home and is sad that I havent written a single sms to her....

    So I really dont know how much sms I loose... but Im pretty sure that at least a few...

    and... I have already written to my operator and asked why this is happening... I did call it like... five times.. And it happened once that the lady told me... Yes I see a text message pending to your number... is your phone on? Yes, of course - Im calling you from it... strange, please try to restart... etc etc etc... And the same happened when I called the support when my wife didnt receive it. I was told that they see it pending to her number (a "normal" nokia phone)... Those messages keep pending for two or three days and then they got deleted. Without arriving at all...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    the iPhone jailbrecked has a utility in Cydia (like Preware ) named "iPhonedelivery" and if installed with BiteSms application , completes perfecty this function with a visible check when the sms is received on the remote phone .




    we would have a patch like "iphonedelivery" --> webOSdelivery .

    If you try this on the iPhone JB , you can understand it .
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    the problem is not losing a single sms on the network , but know when it is received by the recipient, cause more reasons.....

    In this case , the iPhone jailbrecked has a utility in Cydia (like Preware ) named "iPhonedelivery" and if installed with BiteSms application , completes perfecty this function with a visible check when the sms is received on the remote phone .

    Why the same job is impossible to do on webOS ?
    Does the iPhone app work for text sent to any phone, or just other iPhones? And does it work for text messages sent to phones on other carriers?

    that might help with understanding what its actually doing.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Does the iPhone app work for text sent to any phone, or just other iPhones? And does it work for text messages sent to phones on other carriers?

    that might help with understanding what its actually doing.
    no no , this iPhone app works for sms sent for any phone in the World and for all the Carriers !!!


  9.    #9  
    No news about it ?
  10. #10  
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2377155 patch have option to add carrier supported string and to invoke receipt with delivery confirmation.
  11. #11  
    Is it just me? I can't think of anything I'd be sending by text that's that important.

    Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2377155 patch have option to add carrier supported string and to invoke receipt with delivery confirmation.
    this patch is webos 2.0/01 ready ?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2377155 patch have option to add carrier supported string and to invoke receipt with delivery confirmation.

    i don't find this patch on Preware , where can i download it ?
  14.    #14  
    nothing ????
  15. #15  
    I would like to use the SMS patch.

    To clarify: it never happend to me that a single SMS got dropped by the network without sending a "not delivered" message back to me. BUT, I realized that in one special German network it takes hours to get the SMS delivered (O2 to Eplus only).
    Therefore the described patch would help a lot to know when (at which time) the message was delivered. So I do not have to worry about and to call the recipient in the way "Did you get my message?"

    It is again one thing what Palm did not fully implemented. Frustrating.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tino103870 View Post
    Frustrating.




    Palm :
  17.    #17  
    PALM , get up !!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. cagdasbas's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #18  
    Seriously? Tell the simple messaging service bull**** to my first phone Siemens C45. Even that can tell if a message delivered or not. So you are saying there isn't a single developer who can do this?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cagdasbas View Post
    Seriously? Tell the simple messaging service bull**** to my first phone Siemens C45. Even that can tell if a message delivered or not. So you are saying there isn't a single developer who can do this?
    There are several system preferences that can be changed via sqlite3 or impostah, supportMmsDelayedRetrievalOption, smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable, and mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable.

    These get set by the carrier apps during doctor build, Verizon sets all to True, and in the PrePlus/Pre2/Pre3 the messaging then has a setting in pref & accts Delivery Receipts on/off.

Posting Permissions