Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here are some user defined commands for use with dsevil's USCL (command line) patch. These use the new method he developed (multiple files in /uscl/ folder) as opposed to the old method (single uscl file). You can install any of these you wish or leave out any you will not use.

I am not going to go into detail as to how to install the USCL patch or any issues related to it. Please see this thread to learn about the patch. It is available via dsevil's website (www.webonastick.com) or in Preware.

User Defined Commands mimicking 'Just Type' (webOS v 1.4.5):

Prelim:
    First follow the instructions on User-Defined Commands - Universal Search Command Line to set up the uscl directory. All of the files will go in the /media/internal/uscl/ folder. No need to install the sample files from the site. I have included them here.

Included files:

dsevil's original files:
    • sources.json (modified for new additional files)
    • sites.jsjsjs ($original$ $sample$ $file$)
    • reboot.jsjsjs ($original$ $sample$ $file$)

my new files:
    • bktweet.jsjsjs - $start$ $a$ $tweet$ $with$ $BadKitty$ - .$bkt$ $or$ .$bad$
    • bkuser.jsjsjs - $look$ $for$ $user$ $with$ $BadKitty$ - .$bku$ $or$ .$bkuser$
    • email.jsjsjs - $start$ $a$ $new$ $email$ ($body$ $only$) - .$eml$ $or$ .$email$
    • fbstatus.jsjsjs - $post$ $status$ $in$ $Facebook$ - .$fb$
    • instapaper.jsjsjs - $open$ $url$ $with$ $Instapaper$ $UI$ - .$inp$ ($need$ $to$ $type$ $or$ $paste$ $url$)
    • internalzvs.jsjsjs - $view$ $the$ $webpage$ $source$ $in$ $Internlz$ - .$ivs$ ($need$ $to$ $type$ $or$ $paste$ $url$)
    • neatotext.jsjsjs - $send$ $text$ $to$ $PC$ $with$ $neato$! - .$ntt$ ($works$ $for$ $url$ $too$)
    • notes.jsjsjs - $starts$ $new$ $note$ $in$ $Notes$ - .$nts$
    • sms.jsjsjs - $compose$ $new$ $message$ - .$sms$, .$txt$, .$text$ $or$ .$mms$
    • spazpost.jsjsjs - $start$ $a$ $tweet$ $with$ $Spaz$ - .$spt$ $or$ .$spaz$
    • spazsearch.jsjsjs - $start$ $a$ $search$ $with$ $Spaz$ - .$sps$ $or$ .$spazsearch$
    • spazuser.jsjsjs - $look$ $for$ $user$ $with$ $Spaz$ - .$spu$ $or$ .$spazuser$
    • vooglecall.jsjsjs ($does$ $not$ $work$ $in$ $beta$ $version$) - $send$ $number$ $to$ $Voogle$ - .$vgc$

Install:
    Save all of these files to the /media/internal/uscl/ directory. Then type .update in USCL ("just type").

Verify:
    The new user defined cmds should show up in the Universal Search list. If you do not see them, try .show first (will show all cmds if hidden). Remember, they do not need to show to be used.

Alternately, you can type .help in USCL to see them listed in the help scene. I have included examples in the help for all commands.

Use:
    You can check the .help for help. I set these up so they appear at the top of the list (leading space in name).

You can use the .(shortcuts) or just type and select from the list to use the commands.

Example: .bku badkittyapp = launches BadKitty and pulls up @badkittyapp

One neat trick is these work with the clipboard. Copy some text, type .nts (space) and paste the text. Hit enter and it launches Notes and starts a new note with that copied text. Nice little shortcut. Works great with neato! too.

Downloading:
    Two options for downloading: zip or Box.net.

Updates:
    Please note that if you add new functions (like email and sms) you only need to add those files and the new sources.json file. Also, remember to do a .update to add them to USCL.

These have been tested by JohnnyPre and myself and do work. Again, i cannot help with the USCL patch - only these files. If you have ideas for more cmds, post away. I make no promises, but if you don't ask it won't ever happen.

Big thanks to JohnnyPre for testing and spreading the word, to www.webos101.com for providing the cross app launch docs, and to the awesome webOS devs making cross app launch possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by palmuse; 01/01/2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added email and sms options and shortened zip name
    Works great. I just did a voogle call via uscl. Cool!
    So many times I get/see a # I want to dial, email I need to jot down, or Twitter address sprung on me. This is very handy for me. Thanks (@)Palmuse(d).
    Thank you very much for this! I would like to see ones for creating new emails and text messages.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Thank you very much for this! I would like to see ones for creating new emails and text messages.
    I can look into this. Just to warn you, I am not a 'real' app dev (yet), more of a hack, so I cannot likely make a script to choose a contact and start the email or sms. Sending the text to the app should be easy. I will explore the options.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I can look into this. Just to warn you, I am not a 'real' app dev (yet), more of a hack, so I cannot likely make a script to choose a contact and start the email or sms. Sending the text to the app should be easy. I will explore the options.
    That's no problem. The fact that you're attempting it is awesome already.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Hope this helps.
    I used these in my app.

For messaging: (Note: change messageText:)

Code:
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', {
         method: 'launch',
         parameters: {
             id: 'com.palm.app.messaging',
             params: {
                          messageText: document.b.bubbled.value
             }
         },
         onSuccess: this.handleOKResponse,
         onFailure: this.handleErrResponse
     });
    	},
    for email: (Note: change text: )

Code:
    this.controller.serviceRequest(
        "palm://com.palm.applicationManager", {
            method: 'open',
            parameters: {
                id: "com.palm.app.email",
                params: { text: document.b.bubbled.value}
                        }
                                               }
                                  );
    Reference:
    Messaging – HP Palm Developer Center

Email – HP Palm Developer Center
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I did find a reference for this, but your code cleaned it up for me. Much appreciated.
  9.    #9  
    I will have the email and sms options out this weekend. Have a few other ideas too. Have a safe and fun New Year's Night.
  10.    #10  
    I added the email and sms options. Files the first post are updated. Very basic. Will send your text to sms or email body. Remember this works with the pasted clipboard too.
    I don't see the message and email files in your post but they are in your dropbox. I did notice the sources file changed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't see the message and email files in your post but they are in your dropbox. I did notice the sources file changed though.
    Yes, same here.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

13.    #13  
    Sorry abt that. I'll fix the zip later. Use the Box.net dl for now.

EDIT: The zip file should now contain all of the files. Thx
    Last edited by palmuse; 01/01/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    So do I need to create the "uscl" folder?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15.    #15  
    [QUOTE=xclint6x;2813375]So do I need to create the "uscl" folder?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Yes. Create a folder in the root of the USB partition - /media/internal/uscl and save all the files there. Do the .update and you should be good to go.
    [QUOTE=palmuse;2813380][QUOTE=xclint6x;2813375]So do I need to create the "uscl" folder?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Yes. Create a folder in the root of the USB partition - /media/internal/uscl and save all the files there. Do the .update and you should be good to go.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thank you very much for the sms and email jsjsjs. $These$ $will$ $help$ $me$ $greatly$.
  18.    #18  
    - removed - It is not my intention to hurt webOS devs so I decided to pull the post.
    Last edited by palmuse; 01/05/2011 at 11:58 PM.
    If you ever have questions about how apps work. This community will be happy to help.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 01/06/2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: some things better left unsaid
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    So, you can view/copy the source of non-open source apps?
    That doesn't seem good for commercial webOS developers.
    Huh. Didn't think of it that way. Should I pull the post?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast