Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    (the thread I was using for info is now gone, had to start this one sorry)

So I doctored finally and it went pretty smooth as I assumed. I am just having a few issues that I could use some advice on please.

1. The option to set ringtones for contacts is gone. I thought that was a stock option and the 'Per-Contact Call Rejection' patch fails for me.

2. Unable to download 'SysToolMngr' that goes with some patches.

3. Can't download 'Internalz'. When i pull it up in PW it just goes to Save/Restore app.

4. Cant use the 'Hide QLB' all the time patch, just the Hide In Launcher version.?

The only Advanced patch I did was for Config of Sys Prefs.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    It seems like you got a bad doctoring job! I would redoctor it. The ringtones per contact is part of 1.4.5. Are you sure you doctored and not just a repair utility or partial erase? What version webos did you doctor to?

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I got a bad experience? hmmm..
    The version I got I downloaded on Nov 21 so I assumed I was current. (I see it was 'created' on May 11 if that matters, cant see the version in properties)
    Ya I'm pretty sure it was a full doctor, it pulled up through the Palm page to do so..?

It may have reverted back, the Edit button for contacts is now in the middle bottom of the screen instead of to the left side. That seemed different.. It does say I'm running 1.4.5 though.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Perhaps a Partial Reset(Erase Apps & Data), may fix the problem. You will find it in Device Info under Reset Options.
    check to make sure you are on the latest version of webOS (after doctor or erase check to see if there is an upgrade available in the update app) and make sure you have the most current version of prepared. Prepare will list any apps that need to be updated, including itself.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just went through the whole process again but I re-downloaded the most recent version of Dr. and am pretty much in the same boat. No update was available in the updates app..?

Tried Erase Apps & Data too and still the same results... :/
    Last edited by Freshyz; 12/25/2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So I doctored a third time w/o doing the save/restore backup and it seems to where it should be but I'm left starting completely over with reinstalling apps/patches one by one. Thats okay, I see it as a good time to just get rid of ones I never really used.

Thanks for all your tips and advice.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PREOPLE!!!
    Everybody wants some!..
    btw, I think that apps requiring SysToolMngr now install it automatically so that you no longer have to install it by itself.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    btw, I think that apps requiring SysToolMngr now install it automatically so that you no longer have to install it by itself.
    The icon was showing as the 'cardboard box' icon in PW like it was there but empty and every patch that required it would just leave it spinning endlessly.?
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Anyone know why only 639 apps show in PW now?
    Cant find Internalz, Music Remix etc. (beta turned on)
    Everybody wants some!..
    You probably have the feed for the regular Palm App Catalog turned off. No need for it to be on since you can access it from the catalog app directly.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Yes that's the way I've always had it and it seemed like a week ago there were more like 900+ available. I just cant access Internalz, Music Remix and Preset Reset anymore to download..?
    Everybody wants some!..
    Precentral's feeds changed and Preware hasn't been updated with the new feeds that is why you are not seeing them.