1.    #1  
    This patch allows video content to continue playing when the screen is minimized, dimmed or off in WebOS 2.0.1

This patch has been submitted to webos Internals for inclusion in Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I downloaded a similar patch for 1.4.5 a while back now I got a new pre and can't find the patch anywhere. Will this only work on 2 or are they similar enough to work on both.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    I downloaded a similar patch for 1.4.5 a while back now I got a new pre and can't find the patch anywhere. Will this only work on 2 or are they similar enough to work on both.
    this will only work on webos 2.0.1 the older patch for 1.4.5 is available in preware and here in the patches section of the forums.
    pastorrich1 do you have this working on 2.1.0? I've tried to take what you've done and apply it to the 2.1 nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$. $Any$ $help$ $would$ $be$ $appreciated$.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    pastorrich1 do you have this working on 2.1.0? I've tried to take what you've done and apply it to the 2.1 nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$. $Any$ $help$ $would$ $be$ $appreciated$.
    Nope, I and others have attempted the same thing and still nothing appears to work. Somebody much smarter than me will have to tackle this one. Sorry.
    Strangely enough I'm kind of glad to hear that. I've spent a few hours this morning playing around with this patch and the haptic feedback patch. I couldn't get either of them to work. I'm glad it's not just me having problems :-)
  7.    #7  
    Strangely enough I'm kind of glad to hear that. I've spent a few hours this morning playing around with this patch and the haptic feedback patch. I couldn't get either of them to work. I'm glad it's not just me having problems :-)
    There is a turn the dialpad tones off and add vibrate patch available for 2.1 in Preware. I am running it.
    I have found a solution for this patch on 2.1.0, must be modified 3 files :
    1 - /usr/palm/frameworks/metascene.videos/submission/103metascene_videos.jsjsjs
    2 - /usr/palm/frameworks/metascene.videos/submission/103/concatenated.jsjsjs
    3 - /usr/palm/frameworks/metascene.videos/submission/103/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs

with the same code of commenting or remove pause command on 2 functions..
    Ok, I took niosz changes and made a patch. Thanks niosz! pastorrich1, would you mind changing the title of this thread to include 2.1? Patch has been submitted to Preware too.

This is for WebOS 2.1 only! See the first post for WebOS 2.0.1!
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 03/21/2011 at 08:16 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Ok, I took niosz changes and made a patch. Thanks niosz! pastorrich1, would you mind changing the title of this thread to include 2.1? Patch has been submitted to Preware too.

This is for WebOS 2.1 only! See the first post for WebOS 2.0.1!
    Thanks, I haven't had time to mess with it. I have reported my OP so a mod can update the title. I don't have access to that.

Feel free to submit this as a new patch or an update to mine via webOS internals patch portal.
    I submitted it as a new patch. I was afraid if I submitted it as an update to your patch it might cause problems for the 1.4.5 and 2.0.1 users.
    pastorrich-it'd be great then if you could remove your patch from the feeds for 2.1. (To avoid duplication/confusion)
    peter: Patches are keyed to OS version, so I don't think it would have been a problem to update his.
    How funny though, I've been getting my device going on 2.1.x again, and just this morning did I try to go install this patch, found both versions (oh what's the deal with insideout's patch? it'd be nice if his could be remove from 2.1 feeds too then) were placeholders, but next thing I know, it's already ready!
    Thanks niosz+peter for 2.1, and rich for the 2.0.1 work!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    This wouldn't happen to work with flash content would it? If the screen turns off while listening to Flash audio, it will pause
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Nope, this is just for the internal videos app.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    pastorrich-it'd be great then if you could remove your patch from the feeds for 2.1. (To avoid duplication/confusion)
    peter: Patches are keyed to OS version, so I don't think it would have been a problem to update his.
    How funny though, I've been getting my device going on 2.1.x again, and just this morning did I try to go install this patch, found both versions (oh what's the deal with insideout's patch? it'd be nice if his could be remove from 2.1 feeds too then) were placeholders, but next thing I know, it's already ready!
    Thanks niosz+peter for 2.1, and rich for the 2.0.1 work!
    Thanks Sanaking, but my 2.0.1 version won't be added to 2.1 it was only marked as compatible with 2.0.1 from the beginning. Since Peter made a version for 2.1 mine will never be updated for that. But it will remain for 2.0.1.
    is this possible for the youtube app as well? i find that it would be especially useful for those using youtube to listen to music (i do so every now and then).
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    is this possible for the youtube app as well? i find that it would be especially useful for those using youtube to listen to music (i do so every now and then).
    it works for the youtube app.