1.    #1  
    Hey everyone I tried searching and could not find anything. I was wondering if someone could make a patch or something that would make launching an app exactly like it was before 1.4. Like completely remove the splash card altogether and make the app simply slide up like a sheet of glass over the whole screen like it used to and like the launcher does. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Thanks!
    I believe there is a patch that lets you speed up or remove the glowing of the card.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe there is a patch that lets you speed up or remove the glowing of the card.
    Yea I saw that. I was particularly looking to remove the splash card altogether and make it slide on the screen like pre-1.4 did. I just loved the look of that. Thanks though!
  4.    #4  
    I know the phone app still does this because it probably is the most light-weight app and takes the least amount of time to load. There must be a hidden preference somewhere....
    it just loads too fast. Everyone screamed t have that little card so we'd know the app was trying to load. Maybe when we are all on next gen hardware speeds, they can focus on cool animations like apple does. Even the WP7 animations are cool.
  6.    #6  
    it just loads too fast. Everyone screamed t have that little card so we'd know the app was trying to load. Maybe when we are all on next gen hardware speeds, they can focus on cool animations like apple does. Even the WP7 animations are cool.
    Yea, I can't wait for a new device. Hopefully CES brings lots of good stuff. On another note, I'm digging through the luna files now to see if there is anything to modify......
    it just loads too fast.
    Also, the Phone and Browser apps are stored in memory after you launch them the first time. That's why they load instantly when you reopen them.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 12/15/2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Didn't like how I worded post lol
  8.    #8  
    Hmmm....... well I found the loading card scrim in: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images. But those are just images not prefs.
    If you delete or rename the loading card scrim file it will remove the gray splash screen
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If you delete or rename the loading card scrim file it will remove the gray splash screen
    Hmm. I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks.

EDIT: Interesting. It does remove the gray and makes it clear. Neat find. However, I think for disabling the splash card altogether, it would takes editing some files. If its possible at all.....
    Last edited by prefectionist; 12/15/2010 at 08:01 PM.
    I would love for this patch with no splash card! Like it used to be before 1.4
    I tried removing the scrim file (copied it to another folder, just in case) since all my backgrounds are black and I don't like the grey screen popping up. Anyway maybe just an illusion but it seems that all my apps are loading a lot quicker. Usually open now by the 2nd glow or even during the first glow...just wondering if anyone else that has tried this noticed anything different. Even Google maps opens with the third glow of the icon. Maybe its just me...Maybe loading that grey background slows things down a bit???
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    wait? you mean then just the icon will glow? ... there will be no grey/black"card"?

That's exactly how I would like to work! I like the icon, glowing, but hate the card that surrounds it.

So, can I find and remove this image file w/ internalz?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    wait? you mean then just the icon will glow? ... there will be no grey/black"card"?

That's exactly how I would like to work! I like the icon, glowing, but hate the card that surrounds it.

So, can I find and remove this image file w/ internalz?
    Depending on whether you want to remove system or individual apps. But you go to the image folder of the app and find the splash card.png and either rename or delete and the gray/background is gone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just be careful with deleting system images. The splash cards in an app's folder should be fine, but the default splash card in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ may be a different story. If webOS can't find certain files, it tends to do odd things (like not boot) lol
    I just moved the scrim file from /usr/palm/sysmg/images to another folder in case I need to move it back. So far I have noticed no issues. And have opened all apps to test it out. This is on a Sprint Pre. I much prefer the way it looks now. A couple like the calendar app still has a gray background but most do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just be careful with deleting system images. The splash cards in an app's folder should be fine, but the default splash card in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ may be a different story. If webOS can't find certain files, it tends to do odd things (like not boot) lol
    I learned that the hard way once. lol
    this would be awesome but I am scared I will mess up my phone