1.    #1  
    Ok. I hope someone bites. We need another context menu popup in the browser.

This would be triggered by a tap and hold in the browser window when a link or picture is *not* the focus (ex. page text).

Here is why. Some have asked for the ability to use the "find in page" bookmarklet in the browser. This function could be added to this new context menu.

Other options might include "find similar sites", "show all images in new card", or "view with Instapaper". Also, some of the menu options could be added here.

Think of it as a context menu to do something to the current page rather than the image or link in focus.

I know this idea is possible. The closest patch I've seen is n1ce's "one hand link" patch since I think it would require a chnage to the framework.

I hope I am making sense here. Once the basic framework is built, it could be patched with the specific options ppl want.

Sound good?
  2.    #2  
    Another good use: cross app launch to view source in Internalz.
    Sounds good to me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    Great. We just need someone to grab this idea and make it theirs.

Another use: change page font size
  5.    #5  
    is this not possible? No interest? It's a blank slate...
    Sounds interesting... but I'm not a developer. +1 on interest however.
    This sounds like it could be more of a menu item thing rather than a tap and hold thing.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    This sounds like it could be more of a menu item thing rather than a tap and hold thing.
    Yes. Similar functionality exists in the menu, but it could reside in new context menu as described. My menu list is getting quite large.

I see this acting as a hub for action directly related to the current page like the current context menu is to links and pictures. That is the distinction. Some items in the menu could move here.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Yes. Similar functionality exists in the menu, but it could reside in new context menu as described. My menu list is getting quite large.

I see this acting as a hub for action directly related to the current page like the current context menu is to links and pictures. That is the distinction. Some items in the menu could move here.
    If it has to be tap and hold, Is it possible to double tap and hold to bring up a new context menu and will keep the old one as well for single tap? That would be cool.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    If it has to be tap and hold, Is it possible to double tap and hold to bring up a new context menu and will keep the old one as well for single tap? That would be cool.
    Good question. This is covered, but I may not have explained it well.

This new context menu would only work if you tap and hold anywhere in the page that is *not* a link or picture. The existing context menus all engage when the tap is on a link or picture.

Firefox has plugins that work like this. Some only work when the cursor is focused over text.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Good question. This is covered, but I may not have explained it well.

This new context menu would only work if you tap and hold anywhere in the page that is *not* a link or picture. The existing context menus all engage when the tap is on a link or picture.

Firefox has plugins that work like this. Some only work when the cursor is focused over text.
    I see. In that case, I like the idea. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard either. But I wouldn't know.
  12.    #12  
    hmm... Should I keep bumping this or let it die with 1.4.5?
    the idea is ok, but how about if we fix general compatibility with the original 'hold context menu' first? =/