Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Will do! Thank you.

I love this community because of developers like you
    Yes, the patch that still does the sounds is something that I want - thanks!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Hey Guys!

Appsotutely recently created a Patch that disables the banner that pops up when you receive a text message, tweet, change modes in mode switcher, etc.

The Banner would make any apps running in the dashboard unreachable for about ten seconds after receiving any of these messages and would also popup during any full screen activity. This gets particularly annoying if your doing something that takes up your entire screen and someone on gtalk/aim keeps messaging you thinking you're on a computer. And in some cases the banner causes 3D games to lag during the length of the banner.

So I am posting this here to make all of you patchers aware of this patch! If you like this patch and its popular enough Appsotutely will place it preware for us to have easier access to it

The patch is attached to this post, if you are interested in getting rid of the banners then install it, try it out, and if you really like it be sure to thank Appsotutely whenever possible!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...le-banner.html
    This is the link to the original post/conversation for this patch. There is another version of the patch which disables banner AND Sounds. If you do get that one you will end up missing out on a lot of messages haha. But its there! And thats what so great about WebOS. Very detailed customizations
    Attached Files Attached Files
    +1 for Preware.. Thanks
    i think this would be a good patch for preware, people would like to have this option!
    Uh, THANKS. Man, the lag was so annoying and it's gotten worse recently.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Thank Appsotutely! I just made a post wishing I had a patch like this and he granted me my wish How is the patch working out for you guys?

Its important to get some feedback in case there are areas than can be improved. For me though, it works just as I imagined it!
    Took the Sounds version, it's working for me.

I don't mind this feature, but on a Sprint Pre with half the ram of the Plus/2, it's less a feature and more a laggy hindrance (esp since it takes over the notification area or causes stuttering in your music/game). It's a good idea, Palm needs to fix it though (and some devs need to stop using it when they don't have to).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Nice patch!
    <<Threads Merged>>

See Post #43 for the info on the patch available.
    Okay, I will go ahead and submit the With Sounds version to the repository and let people know when it is accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Okay, I will go ahead and submit the With Sounds version to the repository and let people know when it is accepted.
    Or I can beat you to the punch... I just pushed your patch through, should show up in preware shortly...
    Know your Webos-Internals members:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WhoIsWho
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Awesome! Its in Preware, Just installed it from there (after uninstalling it the WQI way of course).

Thank you Appsotutely for making the patch and Thank you cryptk for prewaring it!

Happy Holidays!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Hahaha, I was thinking of putting up visual aids. In fact, I think I will

I would like to go from This:
    Attachment 54383

To This:
    Attachment 54384

Skipping This:
    Attachment 54385
    I love the idea of instant(for Messaging). Can we make different times, so instead of instant or the default 3 seconds..maybe like 1.5 seconds?
    This is great, thanks.
    How difficult would it be for the banners to show up just above the row of existing notification icons? So that we can get the best of both worlds. Actually, each additional notification banner could stack upwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    How difficult would it be for the banners to show up just above the row of existing notification icons? So that we can get the best of both worlds. Actually, each additional notification banner could stack upwards.
    I haven't found the code that does the actual display of the banner, but I think it's in a private Palm service so I believe it would be relatively difficult to make your suggestion happen. If I had found the code available, I would've already offered a version that kept the banner, but shortened the display time.

I've submitted an updated version for v2.0.1, so those of you with Pre 2's should be able to try this out soon as well.
    The patch for people on v2.0.1 is now available.
    Is it possible to make a version that is app specific, i.e. a version for the messaging app? I would like to see banners for my other apps (mode switcher) but not for the messaging app. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Is it possible to make a version that is app specific, i.e. a version for the messaging app? I would like to see banners for my other apps (mode switcher) but not for the messaging app. Thanks.
    Definitely possible, but a fair bit of work. If you're coding-inclined, I could "teach you to fish" so to speak.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast