Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With all of the news of the VKB on webOS 2.0.1 and the fact I got my Pre2 yesterday, I wrote a patch to enable it. The patch has been submitted to Preware and I'm uploading it here as well.

Based on the code mentioned in the P|C article.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  2.    #2  
    Now available in Preware.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/24/2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Now available in Preware. I recommend you install that version, as it is AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology) compatible and will work for any future updates as they may occur (such as if Palm changes the syntax in a future webOS update).
    i v installed the patch. How the virtual keyboard appear? Thanx
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    all you have to do is slowly swipe up like you would to bring up the quick wave bar. I can get it to come up in landscape, but it worked once and crashed me 3 times.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    before I forget, if you want to hide it you can swipe back or hit the center of the gesture area. It actually isn't too bad one handed. I have trouble tryin to type with both thumbs. I got fat fingers, I also hit the gesture area easily when trying to hit space bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    before I forget, if you want to hide it you can swipe back or hit the center of the gesture area. It actually isn't too bad one handed. I have trouble tryin to type with both thumbs. I got fat fingers, I also hit the gesture area easily when trying to hit space bar...
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    doesn't get much better than this...works like a charm. much obliged

mich@el
    can't fix stupid...
    With all of the news of the VKB on webOS 2.0.1 and the fact I got my Pre2 yesterday, I wrote a patch to enable it. The patch has been submitted to Preware and I'm uploading it here as well.

Based on the code mentioned in the P|C article.
    I want this on 1.4.5!!!

Arthur you are the best.. You can do it right?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I want this on 1.4.5!!!

Arthur you are the best.. You can do it right?

I'm not even close to the best, and even if I were, I couldn't put it on 1.4.5 (though it would be cool) due to copyright stuff... (though I think you already knew that and were joking, based on the "" in your post )
    Arthur Thornton

Can I see some screenshots? Just interested in how it looks.
    sort of confusing, unable to get the keyboard to come out.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    sort of confusing, unable to get the keyboard to come out.
    Are you on a Pre2? If so, slowly drag up from the gesture area (as in, for about a second) to about half-way up the screen. That should bring up the keyboard.
    Arthur Thornton

lol, maybe thats why. sprint palm pre with webos 2
    I have a sprint palm pre on 2.0 and every time I use your keyboard, my phone freezes up with the only way being to pull the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I have a sprint palm pre on 2.0 and every time I use your keyboard, my phone freezes up with the only way being to pull the battery.
    Its not his keyboard, its simply a patch to enable the built in vk in webOS 2.0. Its beta software, so its bound to have bugs.

Sprint Love
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    If you're having issues, please contact Palm and provide them with your Palm Profile information, so they can nullify your account. I say this because you're not allowed to even have 2.0 on your Sprint Pre. Do you want to know why it causes that: you're using a beta version of webOS 2.0 that does not belong on your device.
    Arthur Thornton

If you're having issues, please contact Palm and provide them with your Palm Profile information, so they can nullify your account. I say this because you're not allowed to even have 2.0 on your Sprint Pre. Do you want to know why it causes that: you're using a beta version of webOS 2.0 that does not belong on your device.
    Fair enough
    Any other option to enable the keyboard? I'd like to have the functionality on my VZW Pre 2, but I use the quick wave more than the on screen keyboard. I miss the homebrew version (double tap gesture area) from my Pre+.
    Just to confirm the keyboard doesn't work with Pre Classic 2.1 either. Also experiences the freeze issue. Usually happens if you hold a button, or if you type when there is no text field focused.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    yeah VK is unusable on 2.1 landscape crashes right away and portrait mode crashes for me randomly, mostly after a few words... then its either luna restart or even more annoying a complete freeze and i have to remove the battery
    i really like the VK for landscape or just a small search i would really love to use it, hope this can be patched in a way, i really wonder why it works on 2.0.1.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast