Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pre 2, 2.0.1 and for the heck of it decided to install and check it out. Froze my phone the first time I used it. Had to reboot.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Pre 2, 2.0.1 and for the heck of it decided to install and check it out. Froze my phone the first time I used it. Had to reboot.

ET
    Okay, I'm thinking this is (somehow) good news for pre(-/+) users. Hopefully somehow, some way, some day, we can all use this revolutionary keyboard on our phones and we will look back upon this day and remember how horrible life was without it. We will remember!!!

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Running UK it actually worked pretty well. I was able to type out a whole email message with it. I did type pretty slowly and make sure each letter appeared before I tapped the next one but it was working great.

Unfortunately the phone froze up when I was trying to swipe the VKB off the screen.

You win some and you lose some.
    i wonder if this stopped working for pre2 users that updated to 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    It has crashed my Pre-minus.
    Mine too, on webOS 2.1.0. I had to pull out the battery!

I'm replying to you because your signature is AWESOME!
    It works on 2.1 (pre plus).But it was easy down when i was fast typing.is it bug?
    im pretty sure if someone resends the VK patch after they update the official HP 2.1 onto their Pre 2, it should work with no issues for everyone else. All we can do is pretty much wait and see if somone with a Pre 2 updated to 2.1, is willing to do so.
    I have an O2 uk palm pre plus on 2.1 which seems stable. I installed the 2.0.1 enable virtual keyboard patch using preware. I really like the idea but it crashed my phone after only two lines of typing text.
    Was working fine for me seen an update this mornin 2.0.1-62 I think so I installed on my verizon pre2 running 2.0.1 an now it doesn't work at all.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I updated this morning and now i don't know how to activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    I updated this morning and now i don't know how to activate it.
    Have you read this thread in its entirety?
    Verry bad
    Pre2 SFR French WebOS 2.0 VKB OK
    Update 2.0.1 VKB OK
    Now, update 2.1 , freeze my phone ,battery out
    Last edited by todin33; 03/11/2011 at 07:03 AM.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    Was working fine for me seen an update this mornin 2.0.1-62 I think so I installed on my verizon pre2 running 2.0.1 an now it doesn't work at all.
    You can thank the ***** who nullified the patch and submitted it to webOS Internals (and for that matter, you can thank webOS Internals for stupidly accepting the patch file). I resubmitted it, they haven't accepted it again. Use the patch from post 1.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Can't get the patch to work on a Verizon Franken Pre2. Any clues as to why? 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Can't get the patch to work on a Verizon Franken Pre2. Any clues as to why? 2.1.0
    See one post above yours.........
    so any update on anyone who has updated to 2.1 on a Verizon Palm Pre 2, and taken the new VK code from it? The issue I believe on all devices running 2.1 for these patchs are because the orginal code for the VK was from the Pre 2 running 2.0. With the official HP 2.1 that was recently sent to some Pre 2 users, that VK im assuming should work for all others who updated to 2.1 through metadoctor.
    I have an "official" Pre2 from At&T and upgraded to 2.1 through the software update on the phone last week; it bricks my phone when I try to use it too. It will either restart luna or require the battery to be pulled out. Would really like it to work, but it is not working on "offical" pre2's either.
    Quote Originally Posted by cltimmons View Post
    I have an "official" Pre2 from At&T and upgraded to 2.1 through the software update on the phone last week; it bricks my phone when I try to use it too. It will either restart luna or require the battery to be pulled out. Would really like it to work, but it is not working on "offical" pre2's either.
    thats good to hear, so atleast we know that essentially its looks like the 2.1 update from 2.0 (from HP) broke whatever code it had to be able to make it work when enabling it. I have though used it a little and havent had a issue using it slow, and it even froze for a sec but continued to work after the freeze.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    so any update on anyone who has updated to 2.1 on a Verizon Palm Pre 2, and taken the new VK code from it? The issue I believe on all devices running 2.1 for these patchs are because the orginal code for the VK was from the Pre 2 running 2.0. With the official HP 2.1 that was recently sent to some Pre 2 users, that VK im assuming should work for all others who updated to 2.1 through metadoctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by cltimmons View Post
    As I've said probably a dozen times, the only code used in this patch is one single line that enables the keyboard. The actual underlying code lies in the webOS system and cannot be read, modified, etc. because it is compiled.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    ok, let me ask this uhmm pre2 webos2.0.1 verison, an i used ur kb patch was workin fine thenn i used a sound patch an changed my notrifacation sound to .mp3 now it loops the kb launchsound til i put kb away. so question i guess is can we disable launch sound on vkb?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast