Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i can confirm that it works great on a pre 2 -- changes the functionallity of the QL bar trying to decide if i like it or not but thanks for putting the patch together
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I like that VK,the only thing that this doesn't work on pres with 2.1. Freezes or luna reboot. Would be great if this somehow works
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Any other option to enable the keyboard? I'd like to have the functionality on my VZW Pre 2, but I use the quick wave more than the on screen keyboard. I miss the homebrew version (double tap gesture area) from my Pre+.
    I have no control over the launch mechanism, that's decided by Palm (since they created the VKB and integrated it within webOS, I just made the patch to easily enable use of it).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    yeah VK is unusable on 2.1 landscape crashes right away and portrait mode crashes for me randomly, mostly after a few words... then its either luna restart or even more annoying a complete freeze and i have to remove the battery
    i really like the VK for landscape or just a small search i would really love to use it, hope this can be patched in a way, i really wonder why it works on 2.0.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Just to confirm the keyboard doesn't work with Pre Classic 2.1 either. Also experiences the freeze issue. Usually happens if you hold a button, or if you type when there is no text field focused.
    I can't do anything about that. It is probably due to some modification Palm did to the Virtual Keyboard code, either intentional (to kill off the VKB without removing all of the code) or unintentional (since they never enabled it, we can only assume it is still very early and subject to lots of bugs).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    yeah i too experiance a freeze with 2.1 though I have been able to use it for small text messages so far, and as long as alot is not goin on it seems to work fine. Prob a bug in the coding of it between 2.0 and 2.1. Im hopin a developer can open up the VK code, and find out what causes the freeze in 2.1.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah i too experiance a freeze with 2.1 though I have been able to use it for small text messages so far, and as long as alot is not goin on it seems to work fine. Prob a bug in the coding of it between 2.0 and 2.1. Im hopin a developer can open up the VK code, and find out what causes the freeze in 2.1.
    Nobody can open the VKB code, at least not easily or legally. To fix the issue would require them to redistribute the entire Luna system, which (being compiled non-human-readable code; non-patchable code) would be illegal AND at risk for severe malware, IF somebody could get it decompiled and recompiled.
    Arthur Thornton

Does anyone know if it is not crashing a Pre-Plus? It has crashed my Pre-minus.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Does anyone know if it is not crashing a Pre-Plus? It has crashed my Pre-minus.
    it also crashes on my Pre Plus :-/
    (with webOS 2.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I have no control over the launch mechanism, that's decided by Palm (since they created the VKB and integrated it within webOS, I just made the patch to easily enable use of it).
    Any chance of getting a way to enable/disable the patch itself? I'd like to be able to install the patch, but have it inactive until I want/need it (other than installing & removing the patch).
    +1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I am on a pre plus and I've finally got it working. One thing I was wondering was if I could set it somehow where it didn't make a sound when I brought up the virtual keyboard?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    As someone asked, screen shots?

ET
    is there a way to turn off the sound for the VK ?? everytime i bring it up it makes that charging notification sound.. pre2
    ok update since updating to uberkernal this morning the VK so far has not giving me any issues Ive tried it in email, text, twitter app, browser, and just type when . Anyone else try uberkernal then the VK again? Im on sprint pre plus (vz) 2.1

edit: i finally did, looks like when I try to type fast, really muti type it freezes, but at a normal speed not to fast no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Nobody can open the VKB code, at least not easily or legally. To fix the issue would require them to redistribute the entire Luna system, which (being compiled non-human-readable code; non-patchable code) would be illegal AND at risk for severe malware, IF somebody could get it decompiled and recompiled.
    hey heres a question now you released the patch to enable it from your Pre 2 running 2.0.1 orignially correct? Now we all know that the patch worked on all Pre 2's with no problems, but had a issue with anyone running 2.1. My question is once you recieve the update on your Pre 2 to 2.1, maybe resubmit the patch code from the new version 2.1, hopefully whatever issue was with 2.1 will be cleaned up hopefully do to HP upgrading the nessacary componets to make it work on 2.1, once enabled.
    i just tried it here on VZW pre+. it's freakin' awesome! it's gorgeous and it's a pleasure to use only problem is like other users here it freezes on landscape mode, which is a bummer i <3 virtual keyboards!!

also note i'm using UK
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

err, now it's locking up in portrait mode too. anyone know why?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    err, now it's locking up in portrait mode too. anyone know why?
    Ive been taking a guess that the original VK from a 2.0 Pre 2 was scritped to work for 2.0 devices only correctly. I've asked to see if someone who updated to the recently available 2.1 on there Pre 2, to resubmit the patch hoping that the 2.1 VK that was sent directly from HP will be enabled to work on all 2.1 devices, even the hacked ones.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    It sure is pretty. It crashed on my phone (Sprint Pre- 2.1) after typing about 4 characters though. Too bad.

I still have to put Uber Kernel back on. Maybe that will help some.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast