1.    #1  
    I've installed Preware...already tried some apps, but when I try to install Virtual Keyboard (following instructions in the forum) I cannot find it.

In Preware->Available Packages->Patch->Mojo i can only find two patches:
    - Boom action time
    - Make It So

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Manuel
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It should be in "mojo". Try typing it at the home screen of Preware and see if it comes up. Maybe its on a feed, you don't have. Good luck!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by manel29 View Post
    I've installed Preware...already tried some apps, but when I try to install Virtual Keyboard (following instructions in the forum) I cannot find it.

In Preware->Available Packages->Patch->Mojo i can only find two patches:
    - Boom action time
    - Make It So

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Manuel
    Are you on webOS 1.4.x or 2.x?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    The quick way to do it is to go to Menu >Manage Feeds, and turn all of them on EXCEPT palm-catalog (that feed is huge, you don't want to wait for it to load). Then update feeds and on the main screen scroll down to List of Everything. When the list loads, type "virtual keyboard" and it should be the first result.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Are you on webOS 1.4.x or 2.x?
    Sounds like OP is running webOS 2.0 since 'Boom Action Time' is showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sounds like OP is running webOS 2.0 since 'Boom Action Time' is showing.
    The placeholder patches already exist for 1.4.5.

Anyways, @OP if you are looking for the 2.0 VKB, my patch was just accepted into Preware and should show up within a couple hours. Install that patch and you'll be rocking the 2.0 VKB.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The placeholder patches already exist for 1.4.5.
    Hmm. I don't see it in my Preware.
  8.    #8  
    I have a Palm Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.1

Thanks for the tip. Searching Preware I was able to find it, despite it's not in Mojo section.

Now, I've install it but I cannot load it. Double-tap gesture area and nothing!!?!?!? Any clue? Am I missing some additional patch/config?

Thanks
    Manuel

P.S.: I'm suspicious, because I've also installed a Calendar patch to view week numbers and it's not working either.
    Quote Originally Posted by manel29 View Post
    I have a Palm Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.1

Thanks for the tip. Searching Preware I was able to find it, despite it's not in Mojo section.

Now, I've install it but I cannot load it. Double-tap gesture area and nothing!!?!?!? Any clue? Am I missing some additional patch/config?

Thanks
    Manuel

P.S.: I'm suspicious, because I've also installed a Calendar patch to view week numbers and it's not working either.
    The new webOS VKB requires you to open the "wave bar" to launch the built in VKB.
    Arthur Thornton

10.    #10  
    Super! Working fine! Thanks! :-)