Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what this patch does, my Pre Plus doesn't light up when a card is active.
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    As per request in the PalmCast:
    Turns off the light in the gesture area when a card is active. It still blinks on notifications.

Only for the Pre Plus and the Pre 2. This patch has no effect on the Pre.

Feel free to test on a Pixi and report back. I can't test myself since don't have a Pixi. I don't even know if the patch is needed on the Pixi.
    Thank you so much for this patch. As per my comment on the Palmcast, I did put a $10 bounty on this patch. Please PM or email me with details on how to send that over to you!

Thanks!
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    So it works on the Pixi too? No fixed light when a is card active, and blink notifications still work?
    Works like a charm, yes! Notifications work, too. So now you can update the description, because I was actually a bit unsure whether it would work because of the "Pre Plus & Pre 2" part :-)

Thanks for this patch, I was always a little bit irritated by this behavior.
    It doesn't work entirely flawless on my Palm Pre 2: when swiping up, the lightbar stays lit. I have to then tap it to make it go out.
    Update: Never mind, it works now, after a device reboot.
    Last edited by RfromR; 10/10/2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Could someone please update this for 2.2.4, more specifically for the Pre3? Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Could someone please update this for 2.2.4, more specifically for the Pre3? Thanks.
    The same changes seem to work for 2.2.4:

File:
    /etc/palm/luna.conf

Change:
    EnableLightBar=true

Into:
    EnableLightBar=false

Patch attached, will submit it as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The same changes seem to work for 2.2.4:

Patch attached, will submit it as well.
    Thanks Herrie. This, in addition to the 'Missed Call No Callback' & 'No Autodial from Call Log', now makes it three patches updated by you for 2.2.4 and which I have been eagerly waiting for.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I kinda noticed that dimming the screen even lower (via advanced system prefs or some patch like that) typically disabled the bar to an extent
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    The gesture bar doesn't seem to animate with this patch installed (Pre3), It only lights up on touch. Very strange, because when Luna was restarting after the patch install, the animations all worked fine. Looked a damn sight nicer than the default behaviour too without it lit up constantly. I imagine it's hardcoded into LunaSyMgr though, so the fix'll have to wait until the source is released in July
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    The gesture bar doesn't seem to animate with this patch installed (Pre3), It only lights up on touch. Very strange, because when Luna was restarting after the patch install, the animations all worked fine. Looked a damn sight nicer than the default behaviour too without it lit up constantly. I imagine it's hardcoded into LunaSyMgr though, so the fix'll have to wait until the source is released in July
    I'm not really sure what you mean exactly? Do you mean that the left and right swipe don't show anymore?
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. It lights up when your finger touches the gesture area, but back, forward and full-length swipes don't cause it to do anything. It just fades out.

EDIT: Very strange behaviour here, I did a device reboot after installing the patch and it defaulted to the behaviour above. I uninstalled the patch (I don't believe I restarted) and the next day (mode switcher reboots it daily) it seems to be working perfectly... But now after another reboot, the patch seems to be properly uninstalled and is back to the default behaviour. Very very odd.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 02/05/2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. It lights up when your finger touches the gesture area, but back, forward and full-length swipes don't cause it to do anything. It just fades out.

EDIT: Very strange behaviour here, I did a device reboot after installing the patch and it defaulted to the behaviour above. I uninstalled the patch (I don't believe I restarted) and the next day (mode switcher reboots it daily) it seems to be working perfectly... But now after another reboot, the patch seems to be properly uninstalled and is back to the default behaviour. Very very odd.
    Strange, the patch just changes 1 value in the luna config. The same value as with earlier patches. It could just be some other bug in 2.2.x somehow?
    Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting from this. Like the inbuilt virtual keyboard, HPalm probably didn't intend these things to be changed.

EDIT: Reinstalled the patch but rebooted instead of doing a Luna Restart, now it's working fine. Odd.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 02/05/2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Just recently the lightbar patch started acting up. For example an Up swipe from the bottom to show the apps screen makes the light stay lit up until you lightly tap it, it goes away. Anyone else having this issue recently?
    Yeah I have seen this before, but it will go away. Try toggling on/off your notification settings for messaging, etc
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234