Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Nice patch. It never ceases to amaze me how people keep coming up with more and more ideas for patches.
    I noticed a big drop off in my battery life after installing this...love the look though.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    Great patch but it causes some pretty ugly flickering in the notification area at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    yes it's doing it on my phone too.
    but only with more then one notification
    on the touch stone.
    Mine too, but not just on the touchstone, though it's more noticeable and more wiggy on the touchstone.

I will work on this later

Edit:

FYI: I've also noticed that since installing this patch when I tap on the notification to open e-mail it opens the program but just shows mamouton's buttons and the wall paper without any of the text from the e-mail app or message.

When this happens I've had to close and launch the e-mail app a couple times to make it work.
    Last edited by Mr._Happy; 12/08/2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: New symptoms...
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
  4.    #44  
    This patch dose not edit the email program.
    Why this it is doing it to you, I have no clue.
    I'm going to remove the bottom notifications for email, messaging, missed call and voice mail.
    so the only places that you will see the morphing is in apps.
    Give my a lil time to do this k.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

thanks for this neat little patch. i havent noticed any difference in battery drain as yet
    This patch dose not edit the email program.
    Why this it is doing it to you, I have no clue.
    I'm going to remove the bottom notifications for email, messaging, missed call and voice mail.
    so the only places that you will see the morphing is in apps.
    Give my a lil time to do this k.
    Just a guess but the notifications is probably what was eating my battery, as I have a lot of them, lol! It has to be similar to having animated gifs running all the time...maybe? I'll give it another go when you work thru the edits to notifications and see if that solves the battery issue. Anyways, thanks again for all your hard work on this!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Just a guess but the notifications is probably what was eating my battery, as I have a lot of them, lol! It has to be similar to having animated gifs running all the time...maybe? I'll give it another go when you work thru the edits to notifications and see if that solves the battery issue. Anyways, thanks again for all your hard work on this!
    My battery is ok with this patch but I can see this effect if you get a LOT of notifications.

I will try to work on this and get it done before the weekend

Still loving this patch in the gray version. Only problem is it has slowed me down. I sit and watch the color change.
  9.    #49  
    Try this new patch.
    Removed some un-needed code.

remove old patch.

Added to first post. 12/10/10
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/10/2010 at 03:07 AM.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Try this new patch.
    Removed some un-needed code.

remove old patch.

Added to first post. 12/10/10
    So far so good! Just installed and rebooted and so far, I've got 3 notifications, (Spaz, Weather Dashboard, and Tweed, ...and an email just came in, so I'm up to 5 notifications(!), and there is zero flicker!!! ...and the phone isn't going to sleep on the TS anymore either!)

Looks great, love the slower "morph" too.

Very nice work, sir. a "home run!" ;-)

edit: oh snap... I just forced it to "sleep" while on the TS (pressed power button), and the flickering happens when the lock screen is active. On or off the TS.

...still a triple... ;-/
  11.    #51  
    it's got to be when on ts the cpu clock speed is to slow.
    when I had this patch my camra app would not work and my phone would not work if I typed in something to search on google or twitter.
    I'm think your on the right tack. Ppl with major issues (apps not opening, etc) might not be overclocked?
    What are the changes from the original. Looking at the code, I see a lot less. What actually morphs now? Curious. Thx
    I am overclocked but my problems are from the old patch. Phone app not working, not being able to search, flickering, touchstone issues
    I just installed the new version. I had to remove the old one as I was getting the flickering problem and problems on the TS including shutting down which I believe was due to over heating. Sorry I didn't report earlier. Will give an update on the new version.
    Thanks!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    the first one kept giving me an error when I tried to install it...i'll see if this one will install
  18.    #58  
    I'll make a new patch w/out the notifi popup. It will only have system and app morphing. I'll post it in a bit k.
    I would rather the notifications (email/txt) morphing than the apps and system.....the notifications morphing is the primary reason why I want this patch installed..lol!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    The "flicker" happens whenever the "lock screen" is showing, ...even when off the TS (overclocked to 800) no overheating, though.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast