webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Enable Profile Creation on Activation Bypassed Device (1.4.5)
[Patch] Enable Profile Creation on Activation Bypassed Device (1.4.5)

Old 03/29/2011, 06:12 AM   #81 (permalink)

Arthur,

If I do this on an activation bypassed developer Pre2 with 2.1, will I still have to do an Erase Apps and Data to activate the phone? Or will having an AT&T sim in and running the Gesture tutorial be enough to allow profile login and activation?

I'm trying to find a way to activate without having to do the erase apps and data. I won't have access to a PC while traveling. I really don't want to lose all the homebrew apps and linux tools on the device from an erase.

thanks.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2011, 10:30 PM   #82 (permalink)

THANK YOU!!! saved me a lot of time
brandner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 03:14 PM   #83 (permalink)

Installed on Sprint Pre- with 2.1 gives me the blank black screen on gesture app.....

what went wrong?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
Butters3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 11:14 AM   #84 (permalink)

If I have a regular working phone (sprint pre-) and using my profile there. And then I used this tool to log in to my profile on another phone (att unlocked pixi) wi-fi already enabled, with a non-att sim card. Will this new login affect my currently working phone and profile or will I be able to use both phones(one on sprint and the other on wifi) logged into my profile? Would my profile get erased on the other phone?
Thanks!
louboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2011, 03:45 PM   #85 (permalink)

Works great. I installed webOS 2.1 in my Palm Pre with MetaDoctor here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals and when I rebooted the device, does not show the "create profile" app, it just charged without beeing connected to a profile. So I enable the wifi, installed this patch and run the "Gesture Tutorial". Then the "create profile" shows up
Thanks a lot!!!
eduardo3vela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2011, 10:10 AM   #86 (permalink)

great. i used att pre+ with 2.1ROM(by pass). but i can't instal this path via WQI. It showed

" 1 out of 3 unks Faied -- aving rejects to file usr/plam/com.palm.app.firstuse/app/controllers/app-assistant.js rej novacom:unexpected EOF from server "

could u help about this ?
sunsealeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2011, 12:21 PM   #87 (permalink)

i dont get when you apply the patch.
patrickhunter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2011, 01:31 PM   #88 (permalink)

this activation bypass patch doesnt work on webos 2.1 also i cant even install show first use app i get some errors when i try to install with wqi.

edit: i had old wqi it works great thanks

Last edited by mag30wn1; 07/04/2011 at 02:07 PM.
mag30wn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 10:28 AM   #89 (permalink)

I ran the bypass tool, installed this and the show first use patch, rebooted, entered First Use, went all the way till the end, and got a message saying it couldn't create my Palm Profile. Any ideas?
TheRSLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2011, 12:02 PM   #90 (permalink)

How do you use the patch file? Can you give a step by step guide ? Where do I place the file ? And do I leave it .patch. Thanks
jrccomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2011, 07:31 PM   #91 (permalink)

can we get a confirmation whether this patch will work on webos2.1.0?
crazy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 09:05 AM   #92 (permalink)

It Still Works!!! Thanks arthurthornton
mobile_surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2012, 06:33 AM   #93 (permalink)

Damn, I think my palm profile is for web is 1.4.5 only how do i get my profile games i bought? it says it was unalbe to sign me in HELP!
BoyBoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2012, 10:31 PM   #94 (permalink)

worked like charm for me on my palm pixi plus thnxxx
vikas.rbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2012, 01:09 AM   #95 (permalink)

please help me...... i have a pixi plus and i dont see the first use app........
I already installed the "show first use app" patch and the "enable profile creation activation bypassed" patch but my phone don't show the first use app........im from ecuador and i want to create a palm profile to get acces to the apps......thanks for the attention
thehandofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2012, 07:55 PM   #96 (permalink)

I have a new Pre 2 that I activated with my prior Palm Profile that I used with my old Pre Plus. I would like to use the Pre Plus as a Wi-Fi only device that still makes use of my existing Palm Profile so that I can have access to my paid applications and memos and such on both phones. I have tried the procedure described above (devicetool.jar, WOSQI first use patches) and it seems that each time I use my Palm Profile on one or the other device, I end up forcing a restart and wiping the other device. In other words, it really doesn't seem possible to have the same profile active on more than one Pre (even though one of them is not activated with a carrier). Is this correct or am I missing a fundamental step in this process that would make my goal possible?
mcdunnough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 05:47 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Thornton View Post
I just wrote this patch based on a request from a fellow webOS developer. What this requires is:

1) You must have already run the Palm Activation Bypass Tool
2) You must have already set up WiFi
3) Apply this patch and the patch to make the First Use app visible (inside Preware) and then restart Luna. After that, just open the First Use app and follow the instructions

Note that this is untested but it is the exact modification recommended by webOS Internals, and I've used the code (but not the patch) before (about 5 times).
can u please tell me how in the world i do this do i put the file on my phone because when i tried to open it my computer didnt have a program to open it
BoomannBeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 06:51 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Thornton View Post
I just wrote this patch based on a request from a fellow webOS developer. What this requires is:

1) You must have already run the Palm Activation Bypass Tool
2) You must have already set up WiFi
3) Apply this patch and the patch to make the First Use app visible (inside Preware) and then restart Luna. After that, just open the First Use app and follow the instructions

Note that this is untested but it is the exact modification recommended by webOS Internals, and I've used the code (but not the patch) before (about 5 times).
hi my palm pre during installing the bypass said the file isn't supported any suggestions on what file it might support
ashentonna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 01:59 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashentonna1 View Post
hi my palm pre during installing the bypass said the file isn't supported any suggestions on what file it might support
I don't think that's enough info, could you provide the exact error, where it does appear, or even better, a screenshot of it? (Sym+Orange+P)

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0