Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I was wondering...is there a way (patch or otherwise) to limit email notification to ONLY trigger once it is completely done checking all email? The constant vibration every couple of seconds as it seems to send the alert for nearly every damn email it finds, drives me bonkers. After a few, I swipe away the notification...I'll check them later...and by god...its not done...it starts up again <argggh>. Love my Pre...I was first in line to get one the day the came to Sprint last summer...but this drives me crazy. Anyone know of a way to stop this? For what its worth...I have 3 email accounts setup in my Pre. Ideally...I'd like for it to NOT notify me of any emails until it was done checking ALL email...then send notification.

Tx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gack View Post
    I was wondering...is there a way (patch or otherwise) to limit email notification to ONLY trigger once it is completely done checking all email? The constant vibration every couple of seconds as it seems to send the alert for nearly every damn email it finds, drives me bonkers. After a few, I swipe away the notification...I'll check them later...and by god...its not done...it starts up again <argggh>. Love my Pre...I was first in line to get one the day the came to Sprint last summer...but this drives me crazy. Anyone know of a way to stop this? For what its worth...I have 3 email accounts setup in my Pre. Ideally...I'd like for it to NOT notify me of any emails until it was done checking ALL email...then send notification.

Tx!
    That's not how push e-mail works. There is no "checking" of the e-mail box. The e-mail is pushed to the phone as it arrives. If you have your Pre setup to check for e-mail at a certain interval, it should only notify you when the e-mail is checked and new mail has arrived in a batch.

Are you using pushing e-mail or are you poling?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    you probably have gmail or yahoo set to as emails arrive , and that means they come directly to you whenever they are sent to your email address lol turn that off . or set it to once every 6 hours or something lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    pull up email and tap the drop down menu. Click on one of your email accounts...it will pull up the account info and at the bottom it will have another preference button. From there I have turned of blink notifications and mute all alerts. I leave the notifications on so all I get with a new email is is the small notification in the notification bar.... No blink no sound and no vibrate. Hope this helps.