Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    My brother and I are both victims of the "headset mode" bug where the phone thinks that there is a headset plugged in all the time. We use the app The Ghastly Headset to force out of headset mode and have to do it after every phone all since it resets.

Would someone be able to make a patch that keeps the phone always in non-headset mode or always opens the ghastly headset app after each phone call? Thanks.
    There is an app that may fix your problem. You can find more info here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Garrett92C;2775776]There is an app that may fix your problem. You can find more info here: [url]

As I said in my original post, my brother and I already use that app. We want a patch to do it automatically after every phone call as it resets back to headset mode.
    Oh, I should read things before I post haha.
    Since my phone switches back and forth from headset to front speaker mode whenever it is handled, I'd like a patch that keeps the phone permanently on front speaker mode unless it's in back speaker mode or connected to bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Since my phone switches back and forth from headset to front speaker mode whenever it is handled, I'd like a patch that keeps the phone permanently on front speaker mode unless it's in back speaker mode or connected to bluetooth.
    Wow that's weird. I've never had it happen that bad before.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    bump

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    again...clean out the headset hole with a q-tip, will solve your problems. It is not a bug issue, just clean the hole out and you will be fine. Dont know why people dont get that
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I've tried every tip that I've seen including that. I've even taken it to the sprint store for them to clean out. My phone is broken and I'd like this patch
    Last edited by tyler3_o; 11/29/2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    again...clean out the headset hole with a q-tip, will solve your problems. It is not a bug issue, just clean the hole out and you will be fine. Dont know why people dont get that
    In my case, the q-tip cleaning solution does no good.
    try alchohol
    Alcohol doesn't work and neither does vacuuming it.
    Tomorrow my Pre Minus will be undergoing surgery using this guide Palm Pre headphone jack repair

My guess is that the jack is broken or needs precise cleaning.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    try alchohol
    It doesn't work for mine either.
    Have you tried using Mode Switcher to open the Ghastly Headset app after each phone call?

Also, I have had some luck using the Pandora app to get my phone out of headset mode.