1.    #1  
    A project page has been created on the webOS-Internals wiki linked off the front page to test/verify/update every patch available in Preware for the forthcoming release of webOS 2.0 to all devices as announced at Dev Day.

There are several possible outcomes for existing patches.

They may just work.

They may be depricated because their function has been taken into webOS 2.0 native code.

They may be broken and need fixing.

Please visit the project page, pick a patch, and test it against webOS 2.0 on a development device or the emulator.

I would like to see this project cleared before the release of the Dr's for Pre- devices on webOS 2.0

of course, you could just visit the patch portal and check status and submit your updates there, but I figure more people see the wiki, so it's more "public" :-)

but here's where you have to end up.. http://patches.webos-internals.org/

Thanks

Rick Boatright
    Last edited by rboatright; 11/22/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    I've updated the wiki with a process for editing the page, and requesting or releasing updated patches.

The wiki can be found here: WebOS 2.0 Patch Status Project - WebOS Internals
    *crickets
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    *crickets
    Thats what i'm hearing too...

Is it worth my time to try and get folks using the wiki and this thread for patch for 2.x patch requests/updates?
    I think it's worth the time if you can get someone to sticky it and if more of the patches were on the wiki. Only about 1/4 of the patches are on the Wiki. Some are repeat patches that don't need to be listed individually, so a separate entry isn't required for all of them.

Of course, one person shouldn't have to put all 450 patches on there, people should stick the patches on there that they want to see.

Essentially, it's a good idea to have the page because it can:

1) Let people know the issues surrounding why a patch hasn't been updated, so maybe someone else can figure out a way around it

2) Let's people know which patches need to be updated, because a lot of people who wrote the patches originally are not here and posting a message in the thread asking for it to be ported, they don't really get the message.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Why not use the official list? It provides access to patches on the apps level and on the OS version level. If someone finds that a unmodified patch runs also on x.y there is even a report.(update) feature, also if you are not the author of the patch (keep all fields / credits for/to the developer).

And don't forget the reminder feature: just install the patch on the Pre, which is a placeholder for patches that are not yet available. Once updated for a particular OS version, you'll see the update when running Preware next time.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 03/07/2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: reminder added
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Why not use the official list? It provides access to patches on the apps level and on the OS version level. If someone finds that a unmodified patch runs also on x.y there is even a report.(update) feature, also if you are not the author of the patch (keep all fields / credits for/to the developer).

And don't forget the reminder feature: just install the patch on the Pre, which is a placeholder for patches that are not yet available. Once updated for a particular OS version, you'll see the update when running Preware next time.
    Well, I use the actual feeds page to pull down the ipks to modify the patches, but I was thinking it would be good to have 1) so you don't have to compare what's on 1.4.5 to what's not on 2.1.0, 2) so people can put in requests or update info on their own, 3) so people know what is and isn't needed, and 4) so anyone who tries to update a patch and can't, can write a note as to why.

The reminder feature is not as proactive.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM