Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I made a new homebrew app to replace the outdated Birthday-patch:

L\’Haut-Parleur Create Birthday Events for your Contacts

I will submit it to the preware feed too:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/birthday-events

Feedback welcome.
    Last edited by MetaView; 11/28/2010 at 02:40 AM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  2. SashoDikov
    Is it available in Preware yet ?
    installed it. Thankyou.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    Is it available in Preware yet ?
    It's submitted, but not published yet.
    hello
    how do i install this patch to the palm pre ?
    thanks
    IS there a discrepancy with exchange related to date format? I saw birthday alerts with completely wrong days. My sisters birthday alert showed up in Nov when it is in May (and not on the right date either). I have close to 330 contacts and the patch fails in doing this as well however it was more successful as it added about half of them ( I found out later as I missed some of my friend's birthdays).
  7.    #7  
    The advantage of the new app (instead of the old patch) is that changes and fixes are easier to do. If you find discrepancies in the created events, please log the output of com.palm.app.birthday with help of the free tool Lumberjack and send it to me. check the help page inside BirthdayEvents for my email address.

@danieldr: it isn't a patch, is an app. Download and use Preware or Internalz to install it directly on your device.

Thx
    Fine! Thanks! And UberCalendar support is included.

Greetings from switzerland
    Is it in Preware? I cannot find it.
    does it use a seperate calendar, or still the default calendar? It should be no problem to use a seperate one and disabling the view for a short time would be much easier.

[Update] oh great you can choose to build a new profile, or existing profile and existing/new calendar.
    And it can even delete the old entries of the default calendar created by the old patch (takes some time)

What a great app - MUST HAVE !
    Once I've installed the app, and run it to create reminders, do I need to manually re-run the app if I add a new birthday to a contact? Or will it automatically pick up on that event?
    this is a lifesaver as i always tend to forget birthdays! Would it be possible to display the age instead of the date of birth? Thanks a ton
    Quote Originally Posted by firebus View Post
    Once I've installed the app, and run it to create reminders, do I need to manually re-run the app if I add a new birthday to a contact? Or will it automatically pick up on that event?
    + 1

And thank you for this app!
    Thanks MetaView!

You need to update the logo on your webpage though:
    "mostly about developing my software for Palm OS" (should be webOS now...unless you are still developing for the old OS)

Thanks for the app!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/23/2010 at 03:13 PM.
  15.    #16  
    I only update rarely 2TwitMe for Palm OS, means I should really update my webpage
    The app ist still quite basic, there is no way to update events yet (even if it could check for an event already created and refuse to create a second on this day). If you need to update the workflow is right now: remove events, recreate events.
    About the age in the subject line: the events are created as repeating events, which makes it impossible to add the age to the subject. Maybe I will do it when creating only for the current year.
    Thanks for the great app: I like the automatic icon creation and a separate calendar to it. Few things:
    1) Birthday with no years all get pushed to 11/30 of that year. Just like the old patch still not working right.
    2) Reminder: Inspite of selecting one day for reminder options, when I go in the event it still says reminder: Undefined.
    3) If a birthday is already entered into a calendar and also in contacts, it will add it again even though it is the same name on the same date. Anyway to check for duplicates?
    4) All day icons dont show up in months view

Thanks for the app.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    1) Birthday with no years all get pushed to 11/30 of that year. Just like the old patch still not working right.
    Please use LumberJack to send me the log during event creation. Read the help page in BirthdayEvents app.

2) Reminder: Inspite of selecting one day for reminder options, when I go in the event it still says reminder: Undefined.
    Right, I need to check this. It compares the reminder setting (12h) with the list in the Calendar app. I'm not sure right now, has UC a 12h option? Then it should find it. 1Day is in fact 12h, to prevent the alarm on midnight.

3) If a birthday is already entered into a calendar and also in contacts, it will add it again even though it is the same name on the same date. Anyway to check for duplicates?
    Will come.

4) All day icons dont show up in months view
    More something for the UC thread
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Thanks for the great app: I like the automatic icon creation and a separate calendar to it. Few things:
    Same here with facebook birthdays without year (and good to know when this day arrives in 6 days, that i'm not sending sms out to all of them

Hope to get a log with lumberjack ready at the weekend.
  19.    #20  
    Would be cool. I'm more than willing to fix it but need an example.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast