1.    #1  
    It has come to the attention of my wife that when she is on the phone and she gets a SMS/MMS that the Bluetooth device she is using alerts(beeps) her to the notification.

But when she is not on the phone the bluetooth never beeps to tell her that a message has arrived... Can we get a patch to make it always alert the bluetooth device?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  2.    #2  
    Nobody? How about some one who has played around in the blue tooth section giving me a pointer or 2

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3.    #3  
    bump one last time

I'd love to see this too. I've got no idea where real time notifications come from, or whats involved.

Problem I could see is how Bluetooth headsets work.

Bluetooth headsets usually use HSP Profiles Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to control and send audio between it and the phone.

Pre has HFP/HSP, and A2DP for it's audio bluetooth profiles. A2DP is designed for music/one way two channel audio, HSP for two way low quality phone audio.

Now, the problem with a SMS notification over HSP is that connection isn't always live. As in, the phone and headset broadcast beacons and SYN/ACK so they know they are there, but that two way audio path is only open when a call is in progress. This is so the headset doesn't die in an hour or two.

To patch WebOS... we need to tell Bluetooth to open a HSP connection to the connected headset, then tell it there is a RING, which you wouldn't be able to define from a normal incoming call on the headset...

Based on the Bluetooth standard...
    Code:
    It relies on SCO for audio encoded in 64 kbit/s CVSD or PCM and a subset of AT commands from GSM 07.07 for minimal controls including the ability to ring, answer a call, hang up and adjust the volume.
    There are no AT commands, at least standard ones, that provide functions for Text alerts.

What she heads while on the phone is simply the Pre's own internal audio system routing the dings that would normally goto the ear piece through the currently open audio channel. (In this case, the headset)

Hope that explains it a little.

p.s. Free bump in case anyone who knows alot about BT hacking can ge this to work
  5.    #5  
    Yep that sounds like what she needs the problem is that i have NO experience with BT hacking nor coding for it.