1.    #1  
    Hi,

Can you explain how you proceed to make your patch ?
    Do you working on your phone ? On the emulator ?
    With vi ? With nano ?

Etc, all informations about your method to edit/test result.

Thanks
    Your first step should be downloading a current webOS Doctor and extracting it so you have easy access to all the stock files.

Pick what file you want to edit and make a copy of it in a different folder. I recommend using something like Notepad++ to make your changes. Once you edit it to your liking, send the file to the correct location on the Emulator. Luna reboot to see your changes.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Real men test on there phone
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Real men test on there phone
    I use to do that... I make MANY tiny tweaks though, so I have to Luna reboot a lol. My phone takes about 45 seconds to a minute to Luna reboot; The Emulator takes less than 5 seconds...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I use to do that... I make MANY tiny tweaks though, so I have to Luna reboot a lol. My phone takes about 45 seconds to a minute to Luna reboot; The Emulator takes less than 5 seconds...
    Ya I could see changing something 10+ times as a pita if done on the device. I just hate the emulator even though I should use it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Ya I could see changing something 10+ times as a pita if done on the device. I just hate the emulator even though I should use it more.
    Once you get comfortable with the Emulator, you get things done MUCH quicker.

I was forced to switch to the Emulator though. In an average patch, I make hundreds of tiny tweaks lol.
    would you guys know how to do this? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...cape-only.html

I'm loosing to the code cause I don't know how to beat it
    Quote Originally Posted by oxman. View Post
    Hi,

Can you explain how you proceed to make your patch ?
    Do you working on your phone ? On the emulator ?
    With vi ? With nano ?

Etc, all informations about your method to edit/test result.

Thanks
    I've been using this to create the patch I've been working on http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/210781-unified-diff-creator.html and/or you can open an existing patch with notepad++ to see how it's written
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    would you guys know how to do this? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...cape-only.html

I'm loosing to the code cause I don't know how to beat it
    At work so only have internalz to mess around with(no time to drag out my laptop)... but looking at your patch and changing this one line from free to left has a similar effect you want touching the screen hides/shows the buttons.

This is the only line I change I didn't use the other code in you patch.

Code:
    this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation('free');
    I want to know too actually... how to pack everything into an IPK.

I have a patch to add Merriam-Webster to universal search I want to share, though I don't know if it'll be relevant anymore once Just Type in 2.0 hits.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    @helidos
    I've got allways landscape working, but yeah could hae probably been just that line. I've figured out at one point how to never have the buttons show and can find it easily again, so what I'm trying to do is figure out how to change what tapping on the screen does. I want it to take the user to the alarms scene.
    so, another super selfish request. I don't know code, but am trying to pick it up from looking at patches, atleast enough to do some patches myself. As part of general public education, I think patches should include a good amount of // notes that exlain what the code is doing specifically.

I'm telln you guys, if I learned this stuff, the patches would be crazy!