1.    #1  
    When I open my email app I would like for it to go straight to the inbox so I can see my emails. I would like to skip the step of picking which account I would like to open.
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Uhmm...oh..Just to skip on extra click. Nice lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    When I open my email app I would like for it to go straight to the inbox so I can see my emails. I would like to skip the step of picking which account I would like to open.
    Thanks
    you mean to goto the ALL INBOX??

if its been enabled
  4.    #4  
    that would be nice too
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I never close email and messaging apps.......
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  6.    #6  
    that's great. Lets stay on topic
    Thanks
    I personally love the way it is right now... No biggie. I guess we have gotten so use to easy access to everything.
  8.    #8  
    without this patch I feel like I have an android device. You know, having to be touched all thr time
    without this patch I feel like I have an android device. You know, having to be touched all thr time
    Ha,ha.. I feel you.
  10.    #10  
    lol...it probably cant be done or it would have been done by now
    id love this! i actually will wait til an email notification comes in, click the notification then swipe back to get to my inbox
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  12.    #12  
    I think a lot of people would like this
  13.    #13  
    bump
  14.    #14  
    any chance a patcher has time for this? Thanks
    I was going to start a thread for this until I found this. Coming from a blackberry, it is kindof anoying that when I open email I can't just glance at my inbox, but instead have to wait and then choose the inbox to open. I think this is a good patch idea.
  16.    #16  
    The thing is, it is probably an easy patch. Wish I knew linux
    Exactly. I carry two phones and will usually reach for the Blackberry rather than the Pre to read mail. Interestingly, notifications come up faster on the Pre. Often I will see a notification there, pick up the BB, read older mail, then the new one will come in. Sometimes longer.

I can see two ways to improve things here:

1) On the mail start screen, show a large, bright number for each favorite folder of how many emails have come in since the last time you looked at the list for that box. This would beat BB, which only shows a bright dot for new mail since last checked, but not how many. I know you get the number of new ones on the notification, but it's pretty subtle and not always where I'm looking.

2) Provide an option so that when you tap on a notification you can choose to have that take you to the list of mail for that box rather than that particular email. If I have several new items, i want to see what's come in, but not necessarily the latest one first.

Thanks patchers for your great work! It makes a huge impact, as we all have slightly different needs and preferences.
    If you tap on the icon (left side) of the email notification, it goes to the inbox.
  19.    #19  
    you can tap anywhere on the notification and it will take you directly to your new email. Its nice if you click in the email icon and it takes you directly to your messages. This is probably only useful if you have one email account. But it'd be a great patch