1.    #1  
    One thing that I'm finding coming up more often is that when I change the volume with the screen locked the screen will wake up and have unintended consequences. As an example, with the phone in a pocket I'll suddenly have a brand new podcast going because a volume button was pressed and while the screen was awoken the controls for Media Player Remix got tapped accidentally and the next or previous song was chosen.

I'm really finding no value in having the volume wake the Pre so if there was a patch that could essentially have volume modifications while the screen is off not turn on the screen it would be perfect. I would still like the screen to wake on notifications or alarms or texts and the like. But the volume buttons should be an "eyes off" hard button.

I'm really loving my Pre and PreCentral is a key reason for that. The flexibility of the phone and WebOS is pretty amazing. I've been through every combo of search and nothing like this has been requested that I could find. I hope what I ask is possible but regardless thanks for all the tools and help so far.

Thanks
    Ummm, what device/carrier are you using? On my Sprint Pre, the volume buttons do absolutely nothing if the device is locked.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  3.    #3  
    Pre Plus on AT&T. If anything is playing on either the stock music player or Music Player Remix the screen will wake. Sorry, I didn't even realize that the behavior changed on the Pre Plus.
    something else is going on. My pre plus doesn't work that way. There is no difference in the version of webOS om pre minis and pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmonk View Post
    Pre Plus on AT&T. If anything is playing on either the stock music player or Music Player Remix the screen will wake. Sorry, I didn't even realize that the behavior changed on the Pre Plus.
    Ok, sorry, I guess I didn't completely understand your OP. I just tried my Pre with Media Player Remix running. When the screen is locked, the volume controls will work, but the device still remains locked. So yes, it is possible for it to change songs, as you mentioned. But no, it isn't possible for it to start other apps or "**** dial" or anything like that. Unless of course, the friction in your pocket manages to slide to unlock button on the screen.

My suggestion, rather than ask for a patch request, go over to http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-2-0-beta.html and ask DanPLC to add an option to the preferences.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.