Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #1  
    Not sure why my phone started doing this. When my phone is on the touchstone, I press the power tab to turn off the screen, it goes black and I see the time and locked icon. Within about a second, the screen just turns back on. Any ideas why this is happening? I have the following touchstone patches installed:

    "No charging Banner On AC or Touchstone"
  2. #2  
    sounds like you are toggling in and out of charging. There is a patch to mask that, but the real answer is you probably have a defective TS and need to exchange it
  3. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #3  
    Just removed "No charging Banner On AC or Touchstone", problem is still occurring...
  4. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #4  
    If mine is not "set" just right on the TS it will keep turning on. I also noticed when it hits 100% it will turn on too..
  5. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sounds like you are toggling in and out of charging. There is a patch to mask that, but the real answer is you probably have a defective TS and need to exchange it
    Yes I'm thinking the same thing but I would bet its the phone backing that is defective. If I use the business card technique that problem goes away.

    Do you know the name of the patch? I refuse to give sprint or Palm anymore money.
  6. #6  
    verizon has an online bundle of a TS and really nice car charger for $15 with free overnight shipping.

    search around hear for touchstone issues on the forums. I don't have access to the info at the moment.

    I think you will find that the business card trick also indicates an issue with the TS and not the back.

    but, if that trick works, you can always keep using the current TS.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Just removed "No charging Banner On AC or Touchstone", problem is still occurring...
    that won't solve it, just make it quiet. The scrren is turning on because the phone thinks you took it off the charger.
  8. #8  
    I have this problem here and there. Do you have a patch installed to keep the screen on while charging or anything like that? I dont know for sure since I have not tried to fix the problem but That could be an issue. I just push the power button a few times til it goes off. lol. I have also noticed that if I push it once, the screen will sometimes come back on and if I leave it for a second, it will go off. Weird.
  9. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that won't solve it, just make it quiet. The scrren is turning on because the phone thinks you took it off the charger.
    Quiet as-in quiet Powered Messages? I have that installed too
  10. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I have this problem here and there. Do you have a patch installed to keep the screen on while charging or anything like that? I dont know for sure since I have not tried to fix the problem but That could be an issue. I just push the power button a few times til it goes off. lol. I have also noticed that if I push it once, the screen will sometimes come back on and if I leave it for a second, it will go off. Weird.
    No screen patches at all
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Quiet as-in quiet Powered Messages? I have that installed too
    yes, that's what I mean by quiet. But that won't solve the problem.

    there are also patches that will keep the screen on, but that isn't solving the problem. It can't be good for the battery or phone to have it rapidly starting/stopping the charge cycle.
  12. #12  
    Hmmm. Well like I said, I have the same problem too. Don't know if its a patch related problem or a general bug in the phone. It doesn't happen every time. Just here and there. And I also noticed that it only has a problem turning off for the duration it takes for the charge notification to come up and then go away.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, that's what I mean by quiet. But that won't solve the problem.

    there are also patches that will keep the screen on, but that isn't solving the problem. It can't be good for the battery or phone to have it rapidly starting/stopping the charge cycle.
    I dont know if its really a problem with the charge cycle starting and stopping since the charge notification doesnt keep popping up and down. The screen just doesnt want to turn off for a few seconds. Thats why I thought it had something to do with an "always on" patch that was fighting to stay on.
  14. #14  
    Also (I just did this) when its on the touchstone charging, I press the power button and sometimes it just flickers on and back off, and also the other way around. This was done without taking the phone off so it was still charging. Again, this doesnt happen every time. I also turned my "always on" setting off so I guess thats not it.
  15. #15  
    make sure it's sitting on the TS correctly and solidky. Hold it just above the correct position and let gravity slide into a correct fit
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    make sure it's sitting on the TS correctly and solidky. Hold it just above the correct position and let gravity slide into a correct fit
    Yeah, thats how I always put it on. I usually slide it down into place. I really don't think its a charging problem. Ive seen videos of phones having that problem where the phone just keeps notifying you because its not getting a steady charge. That isn't happening.
  17. #17  
    There is another thread on this, it's been happening to a lot of people. Mine is fine on the Touchstone, but wakes up constantly when plugged in to charge.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  18. #18  
    And no, mine isn't a charging issue, either.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19. bobross's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #19  
    I folded a post-it note in half twice and put it on the touchstone. The problem went away.

    Wasn't there some tutorial on how to mod the back of your TS Plate with a sliver of plastic to fix this permanently?
  20. #20  
    I have 2 pre's (with different patches) and 3 touchstones. Both pre's will do this with one of the touchstones (the same one). Just so happens to be the touchstone i purchased from Amazon.com. The other 2 i got directly from vzw as part of the touchstone/charger bundle and they work perfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions