Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    This patch fixes the issue preventing the App Catalog from properly displaying time-based categories. Based on the fix discovered by ArthurThornton.

    More details: Forums webOS • View topic - Time categories in German App Catalog not working

    Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  2. #2  
    Thanks! I will post it in the German forums as well.
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    This patch fixes the issue preventing the App Catalog from properly displaying time-based categories. Based on the fix discovered by ArthurThornton.

    More details: Forums webOS &bull; View topic - Time categories in German App Catalog not working

    Enjoy
    I was hoping somebody would get this out in patch form. Glad to see it will be more widely used than if everyone had to manually modify the file.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  4. erbprinz87's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #4  
    amazing, great job guys!
  5. kulf's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #5  
    Great you fixed it. Shame on Palm for not correcting two false uppercase characters within a 6 months time span. No wonder all the other bugs I filed have not been considered. So much for usability.
  6. #6  
    hmm.. i sent it to my email (cool Forum-Functionality) but my palm doesn't recognize the file, cannot open it. I have preware installed... of course i could install internals and try to find the download-folder, but is there a simple way?
  7. #7  
    Many thanks for this patch, well done

    to which directory should i send this file with WebOS Quick Install? can you add a little "installation guide"? (i am new to webos and palm pre) can you publish this patch for preware?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by prophil View Post
    hmm.. i sent it to my email (cool Forum-Functionality) but my palm doesn't recognize the file, cannot open it. I have preware installed... of course i could install internals and try to find the download-folder, but is there a simple way?
    Have you double-checked the file associations for Preware? Also, it could be that the IPK handler of Preware only recognizes .ipk files rather than .patch files...

    Try the quickinstaller instead...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by relgeitz View Post
    can you add a little "installation guide"?
    Already exists and is stickied even
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html


    Quote Originally Posted by prophil View Post
    hmm.. i sent it to my email (cool Forum-Functionality) but my palm doesn't recognize the file, cannot open it. I have preware installed... of course i could install internals and try to find the download-folder, but is there a simple way?
    You use Internalz to open .patch, not Preware. Once Internalz is installed (and registered as a handler for text editor), simply opening the .patch from Email app will open it directly in Internalz

    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    Have you double-checked the file associations for Preware? Also, it could be that the IPK handler of Preware only recognizes .ipk files rather than .patch files...

    Try the quickinstaller instead...
    Keep in mind .patch is not the same as .ipk. Internalz is what can handle .patch files on-device, as mentioned in the front-page article.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  10. #10  
    Thank you, with internalz installed, i get what i wanted
  11. #11  
    Already exists and is stickied even
    Oh! Sry, i am new to the precentral forums thanks for the links, helped a lot

Posting Permissions