Hello Everybody! I'm new here. I'm an 19 yo boy from Tunisia... I discovered the Pre back since the past summer ... I really wanted one but only got it since a week (a Pre Plus) and I must confess that it's as amazing as I though...
Now, I got a SFR Palm Pre Plus (since our second official langage is french...) and I managed to unlock my Pre to get it to work with Orange Tunisia...
So, here is the interesting part (sorry for the long presentation guys! ) : The only Top Bar patch that worked for me and that had connectivity solutions was the "GSM 3G GPS and Brightness..." one. The only problem is, my system langage is french while the patch is in english...So in my top bar I had french text all mixed up with english ... I,then, decided to translate that patch! I opened the patched file's directory and found the file(which turned out to be devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs, $don$'$t$ $ask$ $me$ $how$ $I$ $found$ $the$ $file$, $I$ $simply$ $tried$ $to$ $install$ $another$ $top$ $bar$ $patch$ $and$ $the$ $file$'$s$ $name$ $and$ $location$ $showed$ $up$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $log$ $of$ $Preware$). $And$ $transferred$ $the$ $file$ $to$ $my$ $PC$ $and$ $searched$ $for$ $the$ $words$ $I$ $wanted$ $to$ $translate$ $and$ $changed$ $them$ $their$ $french$ $equivalent$, $then$ $after$ $saving$ $the$ $file$, $I$ $transferred$ $it$ $back$ $to$ $where$ $it$ $was$ ... $And$ $YAY$ $after$ $restarting$ $luna$, $it$ $all$ $became$ $french$!
Sorry for those who don't give a ***** about the steps I've made to translate this patch, but I'm a total noob and I made this all by myself, so don't be harsh...
Now actually, I posted this thread because I wanted to know if I can send this patch to the Preware feed? Do I need to ask the permission of the original author? It would be such an honor to me to be -event a small- part of the webOs community . If it's possible, can you show me please how to proceed ?
Thank You!