1.    #1  
    Is there a patch that would allow the display attached below on the locked touchscreen instead of the normal clock? I know there are patches that will keep the phone on indefinitely, but I wanted to change the actual display. Or something that would display the regular clock screen, but much bigger and in landscape?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 10/31/2010 at 02:09 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    i love it! thx for thinking of that
  3.    #3  
    Thanx. I'm going blind as a bat, and don't have a normal alarm clock. Normally I use my cable box for the time, but it's across the room, and when I wake up, I can't always see it clearly.
    have you tried timepiece it is an alarm clock app that just what you need. You just won't have the analog type.
    i like the stock clock too. i use mode switcher to launch it when i plug my phone into a wall. you can use modeswitcher to do the same for a touchstone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    i like the stock clock too. i use mode switcher to launch it when i plug my phone into a wall. you can use modeswitcher to do the same for a touchstone.

TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! This worked perfectly! I still have to keep the screen on all the time, but at least it's only when it is on the touchstone, and not when it's connected to usb or wall charger. I was worried about damage to the screen, but I read that this is how the touchstone normally worked, screen on, until a "bug" was fixed and changed it. I had seen that clock landscape mode on one of the palm sites, and thought that would be so awesome to have as default touchscreen mode, and you and the creator of mode switcher made it happen. Many thanks!
    no prob. Yeah this is y I requested a patch for landscape only for this clock. But I can't ask for the world all at once
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Is there a patch that would allow the display attached below on the locked touchscreen instead of the normal clock? I know there are patches that will keep the phone on indefinitely, but I wanted to change the actual display. Or something that would display the regular clock screen, but much bigger and in landscape?
    If interested I could adjust this clock, reversing the colors..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2610518
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    If interested I could adjust this clock, reversing the colors..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2610518
    Thanx I appreciate the offer, but I'm good. I was happy with the clock, I just wanted it to come on the screen automatically when I placed it on the touchstone. With the mode switcher, I did two profiles based on time of day, touchstone day and touchstone night. If I put it on the touchstone from 9:45pm-7am, it comes on screen and I can get phone calls, but no email, IM or data alerts. (I have email set normally to come in as items arrive with a very loud aol "You've got mail" alert.) From 7am-9:45 pm, it comes on screen, and all the other alerts can come through. I love it, this is exactly what I was looking for. I love how each mode lets you set the volume for the individual items if needed as well. I place my phone on the charger in landcape mode, everything is just peachy.

I didn't pay attention to the mode switcher before because I don't really have a need to have an office hours and after work profile. (I just turn off the ringer switch at work, we cant have phones on the call floor anyway.) I've only had a touchstone since Saturday, and after seeing the image on the palm site, I thought the touchstone would already have the option to show the clock but of course it didn't. Less than 24 hrs later and precentral made what I wanted happen! Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions, but I'm good now. Precentral rocks!!

Edit: btw NachoB...that is an absolutely adorable picture for your avatar!
  10.    #10  
    NachoB, I posted a question in the thread you posted regarding a landscape display. After I thought about it, I would like to have the screen dimmed and locked, but I had put the brightness on the lowest setting in mode switcher anyway. The clock you made looks fine, and is easy to read, the only thing I would want different is landscape mode so it could be bigger and sideways. If you can make it appear in landscape, a mod would be great, otherwise don't bother, the mode switcher is working for me. Thanks, again, I appreciate it.
    My posting in the other thread simply changes the graphics for the clock. I don't think changing the orientation of the lock screen can be done or someone would have come out with a patch by now. An app I've used is Timepiece, which has a nice big display and a setting to keep the screen on, and built in alarms.
    This is a first iteration of a patch to make the stock clock app landscape only. it launches as the smaller clock when launched while you hold the phone in portrait orientation, but there after, orientation change will set it as the larger clock. i want to change it so it'll allways launch as the larger clock.

The buttons to get to the alarm are all ways visible. in the future, i'd like to replace those with a backswipe to go back and forth.

any help would be appreciated. im just doing this by trial and error.

edit: updated patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...cape-only.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/06/2010 at 08:53 PM.
  13.    #13  
    I guess once the webos 2 comes out all this will be moot. What I was trying to duplicate I've found out is "exhibition". That allows you to display things on the screen on the touchstone, a dock mode, tho there is some debate as to whether it will be available immediately or with a later update than the 2.0.