1.    #1  
    Idk if this is the right place to post this, if not please move it and I apologize.

Ok, so it seems my system sounds no longer work. I noticed that I wasn't hearing or feeling my phone vibrate when I was getting texts, so I checked my system sounds and it was turned to 'on'. So I decided to reboot the phone to see if it would fix it and it did. I was able to hear the cards being closed and my texts made a noise/vibrated. Then after a while all the system sounds stopped working and I have no clue as to why...do any of you have any idea as to why this may be happening? Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if I'm being vague.

Note: I have tons of patches installed, but there isn't a particular one that I would think would make this happen.
    I think you're "stuck in headset mode"
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    I think you're "stuck in headset mode"
    wushu maybe right,,open yr phone app and see the icon in bottom left of dial pad,,see if it's the headphone icon or the phone icon
  4.    #4  
    But every time I do a reboot of the phone the sounds work again for a little while and then suddenly stop.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    wushu maybe right,,open yr phone app and see the icon in bottom left of dial pad,,see if it's the headphone icon or the phone icon
    It's the phone icon.
    Mine did that before and it was still a headset issue. The best resolution I've found is to open the music app, play a song first then hook up headphones, make sure you hear it. Now unplug them and the music app should pause, if not repeat.

Next launch the phone app, dial your voicemail and make sure the bottom left icon is of a phone will sound coming out and you can hear through your ear piece.

Now reboot the device, hopefully that will fix is for a while, it has for me in the past. Good luck!
    Since I've started overclocking, I've never had the problem.
  8.    #8  
    I think it actually happens after plugging my phone into the charger. Once unplugged it stays that way (without system sounds).
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Do you do a interactive sound test, everytime the sound stops? If so, stop doing it. For some reason I had this bug. Everytime I did a interactive sound test, my sound would not work. A phone restart was required to return sound.
    lifesux - if you have the following patches, try removing them and it may solve the issue:

'no alert during call'
    'disable charging alert sound'
    'disable various phone sounds'
    clean out the headset hole with a cotton swab....all you need to do.