1.    #1  
    I want to be able to have the screen stay off when the phone is locked.

I get a lot of SMS messages (mostly news), and it wastes a lot of battery, not to mention annoying.

Or maybe screen stays off for SMS notifications only, but on for other notifications.
    under screen settings you can turn off notifcations when locked. In the message app you should be able to turn off notifications as well.
  3.    #3  
    I want to have all notifications functioning normally when the screen is on, and unlocked, like when I'm using the phone.

However, I want to have the screen stay off when it's locked, with no sms notifications waking the screen, but with all other notifications functioning normally (ie, waking the screen).
    I wonder if sconix advanced system preference will suit your needs. Not sure about the locked part though.
    I'm interested in this as well, with the screen remaining off while LED notifications continue.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    i love the idea...more discreet
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I see from the description of this patch that these 2 functions seem close to what I need:

- You can now select an individual account to modify the notification preferences for that account.

- The New Message section gives options for Blink Notifications and on-screen Notifications (on or off for each).

But, I want the ALL notifications, including sms, to function normally while unlocked. When LOCKED, I want only the sms notification to be disabled, keeping the screen off.
    Last edited by alc630; 10/31/2010 at 03:05 PM.