Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have your active apps running as dashboard notifications but also have a way to make your dashboard hide and reappear on your command (possibly by some sort of gesture) when needed? Thoughts?? And is it even possible?
    doing a back gesture turns dashboard notifications into banner notifications.(which are the small black and white icons)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    doing a back gesture turns dashboard notifications into banner notifications.(which are the small black and white icons)
    i think he wants a way to hide those icons. I tend to agree. Sometime I don't want to close my notifications, but i want those pixels back. I kind of like androids solution to this. there's an icon in the top bar that reminds you that you have open notifications, then a gesture unhides them.
    I think the idea to make all apps full scren would satisfy this
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Exactly right Mhunterjr...for example, my weather window app and system tasks i run quite often in the notification areas throughout the day and it would be cool to have the banner icons completely disappear when i dont need them but still be running and when i want them back i simply do a gesture or something to display them again! Even when i am not in an app and i am just in launcher and and things it bothers me to constantly have icons at the bottom but I would like for those apps to remain active. Similar to how Launch Mode Switcher on Luna reboot makes Mode Switcher work in the background but it is always active. And yes android is a perfect example in terms of being able to hide it and unhide it whenever you want.
    Last edited by dmband64; 10/30/2010 at 03:08 PM.