Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Can Someone Create A Patch Where You Can Put App's On The Home-Screen. Not The Launcher, The Wallpaper Where The Card's Are. And Be Able To Put Widget's And Other Stuff On It. & Why Doesnt Palm Just Have Somthing In WebOS Like That. I Have A Palm Pre And Would Love To Put Apps On The Wallpaper Screen Like Android.
  2. #2  
    Can't be done.
  3. #3  
    Why doesn't webOS have that? Because it is webOS, not Android. Same reason iOS lacks it, it too is not Android. Buy an Android phone if you want that sort of thing, there isn't anything that replicates that well at all.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  4. #4  
    There is an app that allows you to do that. It's called Active Home Screen

    Try it, you might like it.
  5. #5  
    Every company wants to have their "thing"

    Android - widgets
    WebOS - cards

    Emulating another companies look and feel just makes your product seem like one of theirs. Palm may not have much mind share, but it would be greatly decreased if people believed every webOS phone was just another Android device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6. #6  
    I'm going to create my own OS and have my 'thing' be "widgicards". I'll make 10's of dollars!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    There is an app that allows you to do that. It's called Active Home Screen

    Try it, you might like it.
    I like how that app description says "No rooting is required." You don't root a webOS phone...

    I can't find that app on Preware. The app developer should really get it on Preware (or I just couldn't find it on Preware...).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm going to create my own OS and have my 'thing' be "widgicards". I'll make 10's of dollars!
    I'm going to start my own cellular company, with free calling to anywhere!

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I like how that app description says "No rooting is required." You don't root a webOS phone...

    I can't find that app on Preware. The app developer should really get it on Preware (or I just couldn't find it on Preware...).
    App Catalog $$$
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Why doesn't webOS have that? Because it is webOS, not Android. Same reason iOS lacks it, it too is not Android. Buy an Android phone if you want that sort of thing, there isn't anything that replicates that well at all.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Well said...Me personally, i like the fact that it isnt easy for people to just barge into my phone and get to the apps. it took my GF a while to figure out that you have to slide the bottom of the phone up to get the launcher up. I hid the wavebar (thanks to sconix). People just stare at my phone and poke away at the screen like...why isnt it doing anything. I simply reply "because it doesnt like you, leave it alone" lol. Ahh webos. I love the fact that we're going to be getting "stacks". Palm should get a company to make an extended battery for the Pre. A battery that i wont need a new huge back cover for. I'll buy it if they made it available...**cough**.Hardbeatz...pass..**cough**...the word ove pls ....**cough**...thanks.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 10/29/2010 at 03:34 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm going to start my own cellular company, with free calling to anywhere!

    Too funny!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Too funny!
    +1
  13. #13  
    Dude, search the forums, that idea has been beat up hundreds of ideas here
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm going to start my own cellular company, with free calling to anywhere!

    Seems to work pretty well for calling Progresso Soup . . .
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Seems to work pretty well for calling Progresso Soup . . .
    Haha that made me laugh! Agreed with everyone else. I don't think anyone is meaning it rudely either, it's just the truth. If you want a orange you don't buy a banana. If you want a Android feel, then buy a android phone. If you like iOS buy an iPhone and if you like webOS buy a palm phone.
  16. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm going to start my own cellular company, with free calling to anywhere!

    Um I'm confused..............where is the caller id display????
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Um I'm confused..............where is the caller id display????
    You say "Ring-ring..." !
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  18. #18  
    +1 JasonBlack....i REALLY like that about this phone, especially with the launch bar hidden. Nobody can figure it out and that SUITS ME FINE. You don't need a lock on the phone, just a phone that if you don't know how to use it, then you can't use it. Simple. My gf hates my phone(due to not knowing how to use it and not interested in learning either), I lent it to her one night and I needed someone's phone number off it so I called her 4 times before she could answer it, partially due to the booze. I asked her to find my friend (Lee) 's number and she said she had no idea how to get it. I told her to type his name in and Presto! there it was. Nice & easy, just like the shampoo, or hair colour or whatever.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreHype View Post
    Can Someone Create A Patch Where You Can Put App's On The Home-Screen. Not The Launcher, The Wallpaper Where The Card's Are. And Be Able To Put Widget's And Other Stuff On It. & Why Doesnt Palm Just Have Somthing In WebOS Like That. I Have A Palm Pre And Would Love To Put Apps On The Wallpaper Screen Like Android.
    I guess you figure out by now... that trying to make webos look like any other OS - is the wrong set of words to use on a webos forum.


    Regards,
  20. #20  
    would this work for you? HTC EVO | PreCentral.net really bad reviews tho so idk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions