Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is there a setting or patch that will change the behavior of an open card when I open the slider on my Pre? I usually keep the slider closed until I need to type in a word or phrase, but when I open the slider to type, it always minimizes my active card so I have to reactivate the card to reach a typing box. Since I am more often IN the card I need open to type whatever I am doing, I would prefer the reverse setting of keeping that card active when I open the slider to the keyboard. If I need universal search or whatnot, I can up-swipe the active card. But it is not that often I would need to do this, so the default seems backward for my purposes.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    I dont know what your talking about. my cards stay active when i open the slider. are you maybe slightly swiping up when you open the slider and dont even realize?
    or tapping the middle of the gesture area(pre plus), or the middle button(pre1)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    You know, that's possible. I'll have to do a few more test runs, but hopefully that is the answer. It DID seem very counter-intuitive to me.

If this IS the real reason, can anyone develop a patch that will make my fingers a little less clumsy when opening the slider??
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    mine stays active. You must be touchung the gesture area to open. Or have some wacky patch.
    I don't think a patch is needed for that.. Active cards stays in full view when you open the slider, unless you minimize it.. Maybe because of your finger size..it might be possible that you're accidentally swiping up from the gesture area causing the card to minimize.

Well, if that's the case for you, then webos 2.0 will be perfect for you.(The
    cards won't minimize anymore).

Regards,
    "You're holding it wrong.

-Jobs"
    Cards still minimize in webos 2.0...

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Wow, I thought something was odd with my device when I read this post. I actually pulled out my Pre to see if mine did that.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    luke is talking about normal card view. 2.0 only takes out tiny card view