Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    WHAT IT DOES:
    This patch removes the "Charging" banner notification when the device is placed on the Touchstone.
    EDIT: I have added 2 additional patches, which work the same way: "No Charging Banner on AC" removes the notification when plugged into the AC charger, and "No Charging Banner on AC or Touchstone" removes the notification for either charging method.

USB charging is unaffected- you have a couple of options for that:

WHY I MADE IT:
    I find myself removing the phone from the Touchstone pretty often, so waiting for the notification to clear all the time started to get annoying.

CONFLICTING PATCHES/APPS:
    None that I know of.

EDIT: Logically, the 3 different versions of this patch will conflict with each other. They do NOT conflict with Jason's USB charging notification patches.

WHAT IT DOES NOT DO:
    • USB charging is unaffected- you have a couple of options for that:
    • It does NOT modify the battery status icon at all.

IS THIS PATCH IN PREWARE?
    The 3 versions of this patch are in preware.
    Last edited by Speebs; 02/16/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    I was wondering, could you make a patch to remove the charging banner when charging via wall or USB for those of us that don't have a touchstone (such as myself)?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Sure. I'll try to do t today. USB might be tough because of the USB mode popup, but I'll see what I can do.
    I would surely appreciate it. Don't worry about USB, I forgot about the pop-up about which mode to goto (which I like having). I am only interested in not having the banner when I plug it into the wall.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    I would surely appreciate it. Don't worry about USB, I forgot about the pop-up about which mode to goto (which I like having). I am only interested in not having the banner when I plug it into the wall.
    Sorry for the delay- I just submitted 2 more versions; one disables it on AC charger only, and the other disables it for either AC or Touchstone charging. I also forgot that Jason had already made a patch to remove the notification when plugged in via USB (linked in the first post), which does not conflict with any of the patches listed in this thread.
    Any info about the WebOS 2.0.1 version coming soon? At least for the touchstone banner. Or is this version compatible?
    So.. is this happening? Anywhere we can get it?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Thanks for this patch. Occasionally when my Pre Plus is on the touchstone (about 95% of the time) the “Charging Battery” notification starts cycling when the battery shows 100%. This patch apparently stops that notification.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while. Maybe someone else can take care of this for now. I have Verizon, and they still haven't released 2.0 for Pre Plus users, so I'm not able to do this yet.
    sorry my noob question, but did this patch also clear the sound notification when the battery is 100% full? It get's on my nerves
    big thanks for your answer
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeivlGT View Post
    sorry my noob question, but did this patch also clear the sound notification when the battery is 100% full? It get's on my nerves
    big thanks for your answer
    Sorry for the late response- I just saw this. No, this patch will not affect the sounds, but Sconix's Advanced Configuation for System Preferences patch will give you the ability to mute charging sounds. It works fine in conjunction with this patch (I am using it with no problems).
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while. Maybe someone else can take care of this for now. I have Verizon, and they still haven't released 2.0 for Pre Plus users, so I'm not able to do this yet.
    Now that HP have announced that "all qualified developers are eligible to get a free Pre2" would you qualify as a "qualified developer"?? There are now a growing number of patches for webOS 2.01 but I'd really appreciate your no charging banner patches to work on webOS 2....
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Now that HP have announced that "all qualified developers are eligible to get a free Pre2" would you qualify as a "qualified developer"?? There are now a growing number of patches for webOS 2.01 but I'd really appreciate your no charging banner patches to work on webOS 2....
    I am not a "qualified developer" and am not interested in paying HP for a new phone when I'm still under contract on my Pre Plus for another year. And unfortunately I don't have time right now to figure out how to get an emulator working or create this patch without being able to test it. Someone with a newer device will need to do this (it is not difficult). Sorry... HP screwed us all!
    Is there a way to remove the banner but keep the charging notification sound? This patch removes both right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Is there a way to remove the banner but keep the charging notification sound? This patch removes both right?
    +1 I have the same question.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    This patch doesn't do anything to the sounds.
    I still say this removes the sound. Before installation, I get banner and sound. After installation I get no banner and no sound.