1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I'm trying to find out if there is a patch available that would disable the "emergency call" feature of the lock screen.

Now, I realize that is a strange request, so allow me to clarify; I have two children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. (If you don't know what that is, I can only recommend that you Google it, an explanation of ASD would be too long for this forum.) One of my ASD children has developed a penchant for computer screens. She can't stand to see a computer screen in it's power save mode, she HAS to touch the keyboard and wake it up. Apparently this ALSO applies to touchscreen phones.

Just this morning as I was still sleeping my daughter decided to go downstairs and play. My Pre was sitting on it's touchstone where I always leave it, and apparently she repeatedly not only touched the screen and woke it up, but then she started pressing buttons and used the "emergency dial" feature several times.

Now, my daughter isn't able to speak very much. Most of her vocalizations consist of variations on moaning, groaning, and panting. So you can imagine what the 911 operators must have thought when 911 gets called and all they hear is my daughter moaning to herself!

I awoke to a call from the local police department wanting to know if everyone was OK. They had to send a cruiser to my house to confirm! All in all it was a very embarrassing episode that I don't want to repeat.

Since I don't want to just disable the lock feature (which would probably be the easiest way to fix this, I know.) I would like to be able to remove the "emergency call" option from the lock screen. I figure that the small extra risk I take is worth it as getting my daughter to stop unwanted behaviors takes MONTHS of intense work. I can't afford to have the police showing up at my door every other day in the mean time.

Can anyone help?
    What about the Limited Emergency Button patch which forces the user to enter the emergency number. For fear of retribution I think people would be hesitant to disable the feature altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What about the Limited Emergency Button patch which forces the user to enter the emergency number. For fear of retribution I think people would be hesitant to disable the feature altogether.
    I second that.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure there is a way to prevent it from opening the phone app when that button is pressed (rendering it useless). I'll take a look and see what I can find.
    Thats one feature im going to leave exactly the way it is...Thank you very much lol.
    Not to try to sound like a smartass or anything, but can't you just keep your phone and touchstone in your bedroom and keep it out of visual sight. If not Im sure some of these great patchers can come up with something.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    To be realistic, how likely is it that you'll be stuck in an emergency and NOBODY else will have a cell phone around capable of dialing 911? I think this feature is nice, but not absolutely necessary. I would have preferred it to say "found a lost phone? press here" and limit the dialer to one of your emergency contact numbers.
    Being in the industry for close to 25 years, you'd be surprised of the types of situations people don't want to get involved in. Why do you think they teach women to yell Fire instead of Rape?