Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a touchstone in my car and it's a pain that when I pull my pre off of it (even if it was locked) the screen turns on. After much hunting I finally found a way to get the screen to turn off when it's taken off of the ts. Anoyingly the code that turns the screen on is in a binary file so I can't change that but by putting this code in the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $I$ $can$ $have$ $the$ $pre$ $turn$ $the$ $screen$ $back$ $off$ $after$ $only$ $turning$ $it$ $on$ $for$ $a$ $second$ $or$ $two$.

The file to edit is /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $find$ $the$ $part$ $in$ $the$ $file$ $that$ $looks$ $like$ $this$:
    Code:
     else {
                            this.chargingBannerShown = false;
                            Mojo.Log.info("SystemUI- Charger Notification "+ this.isCharging + " Last battery level "+ this.lastBattery$
                            $('power').className = 'battery-' + this.lastBatteryLevel;
                            Mojo.Controller.getAppController().removeBanner('chargingAlert');
                    }
    After the line "Mojo.Controller.getAppController().removeBanner", but before the closing "}" add
    Code:
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.display', {
                                     method: 'control/setState',
                                    parameters: {state: "off"}
                            });
    So all together you would now have:
    Code:
    else {
                            Mojo.Log.info("SystemUI- Charger Notification "+ this.isCharging + " Last battery level "+ this.lastBattery$
                            });
                    }
    Now every time the pre stops charging (whether on the usb cord or the ts) the screen will turn off. This code works on my Verizon Pre Plus, but it's not my fault if your pre explodes when you add this :P So far I have not found anything adding this code will break. If someone wants to take this code and make a nice preware friendly patch out of it feel free to! If you wanted to you could add some more code in so it only turned off when taken off the ts, maybe something like (note this code has NOT been tested):
    Code:
    else {

if(payload.name == "puck")) {        
    		});

}
    }
    Might be able to accomplish the same behavior using Mode Switcher, but I haven't tried.
  3.    #3  
    Could be; Mode Switcher looks pretty sweet, I haven't explored it all that much yet
    I'll try it later and report back (if someone doesn't beat me too it).
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpl View Post
    Anoyingly the code that turns the screen on is in a binary file
    That sucks. You're sure about that?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    That sucks. You're sure about that?
    About 95% sure, it looks like all the touch stone stuff (the lock screen and everything) is in the /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr; the image files for the numbers and the background seem to be in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/, but the code itself that controls the lock screen and what it does is in Luna
    Dudes, resurrecting this request.

I have TS in the car as well. When I pull my phone off of the TS it goes right into my pocket. I hate that I have to re-lock the screen every time. Would love a patch if it's possible.
    +1
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    +1
    Perhaps we'll have to ask Sconix if this can be added to ModeSwitcher.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    +1 I already started a thread about this months ago.
    I would love this!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would love to be able to take it off the touchstone and have the screen off. BUT, if it is ringing I can still pick up the phone and answer.
    I think we are asking for a little too much here but hope its possible
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    can anyone please make a patch for this!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    stu I got your pm I will look at the file when I get home and create a patch based on the edits in the post. It will be a few hours though.
    No rush but thanks mamouton. I look so forward to this patch
    Can you PLEASE send me a bill for $25 through paypal?
    I want to make a donation!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    stu I got your pm I will look at the file when I get home and create a patch based on the edits in the post. It will be a few hours though.
    This would be really useful to me. Is it something that will end up in Preware?

Also, is it likely to interfere with any particular catagory of patches, such as launcher, or menus, or watever?

thanks for working on this!
    @cantaffordit It will go to Preware after people tell me it works for them. Here is the patch. It installed just fine. I guess I never noticed the behavior before. If screen is off screen remains off if screen is on screen turns off after about 1 sec.

Note: if you have mode switcher installed and you have any triggers for your touchstone it will cycle through the mode switcher process.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I get a patch installation failure through internalz. But my pre has been a little funnt since trying everything to get that vibrate when other person picks up phone patch
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Unfortunately this patch failed for me as well via Internalz.
    I would love for this to work.. Any ideas? (I dont use Mode Switcher or the vibrate patch described above if that helps..)
    Everybody wants some!..
    With internalz it has to be in the /media/internal directory to install. I shared my findings with Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I get a patch installation failure through internalz. But my pre has been a little funnt since trying everything to get that vibrate when other person picks up phone patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Unfortunately this patch failed for me as well via Internalz.
    I would love for this to work.. Any ideas? (I dont use Mode Switcher or the vibrate patch described above if that helps..)
    I have the vibrate patch installed and this one installs with no issue but you have to move the patch to /media/internal/ for internalz to install. I ran into this issue in the past and as soon as I moved it to /media/internal it installed with no problem.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Okay. I don't know how to do that but if you figured out a way that's all that matters. I can wait for it to be in Preware.. Thanks!
    Everybody wants some!..
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast