Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    I installed using Internalz after emailing the patch to myself. I tried to uninstall with Preware and it failed. I tried to uninstall WebOS Quick Install and it failed.

I may have to do the Emergency Patch Recovery and reinstall all of my other patches.
    Preware won't install a patch from the thread. Use webosqi to try to install. You have to remove any battery percentage patch first.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Is there any way to get this screen off/battery percent patch added to Preware? It's just a great central place to manage all patches!
    I thought it was in there.
    updated for 2.xx It automatically turns off when removed from charger. Need more testing before uploading to Preware. One version is if you don't have Mode Switcher installed the other is for Mode Switcher users.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using a Pre 2, the patch works but I had to remove all top bar patches, including the "Advanced" ones.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Yeah, I've tried to install it but I get an error. It must be conflicting with the Advanced System patches or something...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Using a Pre 2, the patch works but I had to remove all top bar patches, including the "Advanced" ones.
    I am using all of sconix's patches so I am not sure why you had to remove them. Please note there are two versions one for mode switcher and one for those without mode switcher

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/19/2011 at 11:16 PM.
    I also have "Just charge by default" & "No charging banner on AC or touchstone" installed.

I do not use mode switcher so I used the non mode switcher patch.

W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Do you know definitively if this particular service ('com.palm.display' with method 'control/setState') is only accessible from Palm apps or even only within the system apps? I've been trying to integrate it into an Exhibition app to force turning the screen off, but I can't seem to get it to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    I also have "Just charge by default" & "No charging banner on AC or touchstone" installed.

The just charge by default is your conflict

Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Do you know definitively if this particular service ('com.palm.display' with method 'control/setState') is only accessible from Palm apps or even only within the system apps? I've been trying to integrate it into an Exhibition app to force turning the screen off, but I can't seem to get it to run.
    Not sure!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I cannot remove this patch. I've tried Preware and WOQI. Keep getting an error that includes a message to "Check for md5sum in usr/lib/ipkg/info"

Any ideas?
    I have a Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1 which has the ability to turn the screen off when it is on the charger. When it is in this condition and I remove it from the charger, the screen stays off. If, however, I have Exhibition running and remove the phone from the Touchstone, the screen turns on. This is just for everyone's information, in case you did not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by frett View Post
    I cannot remove this patch. I've tried Preware and WOQI. Keep getting an error that includes a message to "Check for md5sum in usr/lib/ipkg/info"

Any ideas?
    Emergency Patch Recovery
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456