Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hey guys, my girlfriend's pixi's ringer switch broke and I was wondering if there was a patch that bypassed the physical switch and put the ringer on/off switch in a menu somewhere. Any ideas?
    Last edited by sousy; 10/20/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    isn't that the same as turning the volume all the way down?

also there is a patch called "speaker phone" that adds volume control to the device menu instead of having to use the volume buttons. would that help?
    Checkout Mode Switcher! I don't use the ringer switch anymore - it's all automagical.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    isn't that the same as turning the volume all the way down?

also there is a patch called "speaker phone" that adds volume control to the device menu instead of having to use the volume buttons. would that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Checkout Mode Switcher! I don't use the ringer switch anymore - it's all automagical.
    well speakerphone didn't work but maybe mode switcher will. I just need to figure it out. It's still easier if someone wrote a simple ringer on off patch. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    well speakerphone didn't work but maybe mode switcher will. I just need to figure it out. It's still easier if someone wrote a simple ringer on off patch. . .
    Get Mode Switcher, you'll be glad - it does so many other cool things too.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Get Mode Switcher, you'll be glad - it does so many other cool things too.
    Yep, just read the manual and tried mode switcher and its still a no go.
    What exactly did you have in mind to do? I'm thinking of all the scenarios and it seems to me highly unlikely that MS couldn't do it?
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    What exactly did you have in mind to do? I'm thinking of all the scenarios and it seems to me highly unlikely that MS couldn't do it?
    My girlfriends pixi's ringer switch is VERY loose and it seems like it defaults to the off position. Normally this doesn't bother her but on the rare occasion that she needs to hear a ringer (like after I leave in the morning and she needs to set an alarm) it can take 5 minutes plus to get the ringer switch to the on position. I just want a simple patch (or app!) that will let me bypass the physical ringer switch. Maybe by putting a menu where the carrier string is, just a ringer on/off button?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    My girlfriends pixi's ringer switch is VERY loose and it seems like it defaults to the off position. Normally this doesn't bother her but on the rare occasion that she needs to hear a ringer (like after I leave in the morning and she needs to set an alarm) it can take 5 minutes plus to get the ringer switch to the on position. I just want a simple patch (or app!) that will let me bypass the physical ringer switch. Maybe by putting a menu where the carrier string is, just a ringer on/off button?
    My girlfriends Pixi is like this as well, but I think it's the case that is causing the problem.

I've been wanting a software solution as well. Otherwise, I'm going to start cutting away at the hole on the case.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    My girlfriends Pixi is like this as well, but I think it's the case that is causing the problem.

I've been wanting a software solution as well. Otherwise, I'm going to start cutting away at the hole on the case.
    I thought it was the case too, so when I took her stock case off to put her touchstone back on I tried it without a case or back, still the same problem.
    You can use MS for this as I mentioned. See if you can get the switch to be in the ON position (audio) and never touch it again. Then setup a 'silent' modifier mode that can silence all audio. If you have a normal mode that has the ringer set to sound & vibrate, then turning on the silent modifier will basically be the vibrate switch. Also install the 'Mode Menu' patch which will let you switch modes or turn on modifiers when tapping the carrier string like you want. Check out the MS app and Mode menu patch in the Enlightened Linux developer forum.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    You can use MS for this as I mentioned. See if you can get the switch to be in the ON position (audio) and never touch it again. Then setup a 'silent' modifier mode that can silence all audio. If you have a normal mode that has the ringer set to sound & vibrate, then turning on the silent modifier will basically be the vibrate switch. Also install the 'Mode Menu' patch which will let you switch modes or turn on modifiers when tapping the carrier string like you want. Check out the MS app and Mode menu patch in the Enlightened Linux developer forum.
    Won't work, the switch is so sensitive, it always defaults to silent
    try MS and super glue...
    Thought to ask if the gf's pixi is still under warranty? If so, get a warranty replacement from the carrier right away.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Thought to ask if the gf's pixi is still under warranty? If so, get a warranty replacement from the carrier right away.
    It's out of warranty. I thought the switch was a really common problem.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem - ringer switch is too loose, and when it moves to the silent position the phone won't ring. Mode Switcher doesn't have the settings option to enable the ringer when the switch is set to silent...

...However, Jason created a patch to make the ringer switch "really silent":

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2154520

It seems like his code could be modified to, rather than silence:
    1) System,
    2) Ringtone, and
    3) Media,
    the patch could be edited to silence none of the above.

I don't have the JSJSJS $coding$ $knowledge$ $to$ $do$ $this$ - $could$ $anyone$ $offer$ $some$ $advice$?
    Last edited by sck18; 01/29/2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: link error