Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone speculate whether patches (at least the ones that haven't been integrated into the new version of the OS) will work for webOS 2.0? There are a lot of little enhancements that I'll miss, like battery percentage and things like that.
    I think what's gonna happen is the same with all the other updates. Patches will have placeholders and some or most will be updated to work with 2.0.
    I have a feeling webOS 2.0 is going to break a lot of our current patches. It's up to the original patch creators to update their patches to be compatible with this new version of webOS.

I think there will be a period of time where we have significantly fewer patches than we're used to.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Yeah...Advanced patches are probably going to lose some features.
    I have a good feeling that most, if not... all patches will be updated to work sometime after 2.0. :-D
    It ill be a pita to get our patches up and running, again
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Some will become obsolete, others will be updated to work with webOS 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Some will become obsolete, others will be updated to work with webOS 2.0
    And some will just fade away because the original patch creator moved on to a different phone lol...

Yeppers and thats when we help bring them back
    If we get requests to.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Yeppers and thats when we help bring them back
    If we get requests to.
    Pretty much
    (: ǝɹd ɐ ʇǝƃ ʎɐs ı
    ˙"ʇɐɥʇ ʇǝƃ ı op ʍoɥ" ʞsɐ ʎǝɥʇ puɐ spuǝıɹɟ ʎɯ oʇ ʇxǝʇ puǝs ı ˙looɔ os sı ddɐ sıɥʇ
    Dude ur text is upside down
    I think webOS 2.0 will be a good opportunity to rationalise the patches we have into ones that are more like Sconix's patches ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Are there any feeds yet for 2.0?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Are there any feeds yet for 2.0?
    A WebOS 2.0 doctor has not been released to the public.

How could there be feeds yet?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yeah, just thinking if the current optware feeds would work -- I wonder if the linux version changed?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Even if the Linux version changed, there's a good chance that the optware binaries will still run.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Will we have to remove our patches?
    I vote Garrett , rwhitby , and warlord to fix all patches that are left unchanged and unattended !! Lol ltm ltm ltm lol , sorry guys I could not help myself ha ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    And some will just fade away because the original patch creator moved on to a different phone lol...

Nah. Good thing we have other devs that can easily edit the patch.....Not to drop any names..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast