Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have to believe that there will be fewer patches in the beginning. When we all get to play with 2.0 and voice our complaints, the patches will start rolling back in...

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    2.0 is only for Pre2 right now. Palm is working on a different version of 2.0 for Pre+/-.
    Even developers don't have it yet.
    Besides the kernal, everythingelse should be the same. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    I think the question here is, will it hurt if we upgrade to 2.0 with the Overclocked Kernel installed?

Will 2.0 overwrite the Kernel we have? Or cause a conflict?

To be safe I will probably remove it first.
    Since we don't have the doctor for 2.0, we have no way of knowing if it will have a new kernel or not.

But we package the kernels with AUPT-like scripts which handle either scenario.

You do not need to remove the kernel, but of course can choose to do so if you like.

-- Rod
    Since the hardware is only a very incremental improvement over the Pre+, I'd assume the change at the Kernel level would be minimal as well right?
    Quote Originally Posted by motsww View Post
    Since the hardware is only a very incremental improvement over the Pre+, I'd assume the change at the Kernel level would be minimal as well right?
    We will only know that when the processor is confirmed (the OMAP3630 will have quite significant kernel changes if it is indeed the processor) and we actually get our hands on hardware or kernel source code.

I don't think your assumption is a safe one to make.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I think webOS 2.0 will be a good opportunity to rationalise the patches we have into ones that are more like Sconix's patches ...

-- Rod
    I have to agree on this one. It sounds like 2.0 will open up more doors on this. I am all for patch consolidation to make things more manageable, but definitely with still praising all the patch authors for their original works as it would only be with those original works that the advanced patches consolidating things together have been born. I have both the advanced launcher and configuration patches installed along with email megamix and several other smaller patches that are still by themselves. I can't get over having such a lesser number of patches to deal with, but still tons of awesome features that make my phone go far beyond other smartphones. Can't wait to see how well 2.0 will work what we can do with patching and tweaking it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123