Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I vote Garrett , rwhitby , and warlord to fix all patches that are left unchanged and unattended !! Lol ltm ltm ltm lol , sorry guys I could not help myself ha ha ha ha
    you know we all where thinking it anyway
    I'm guessing EPR before the 2.0 OTA update would be a good idea.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Don't forget the other very talented patch developers in this community!

With all of us around, we can get any abandoned patches updated to work with webOS 2.0
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I vote Garrett , rwhitby , and warlord to fix all patches that are left unchanged and unattended !! Lol ltm ltm ltm lol , sorry guys I could not help myself ha ha ha ha
    Garrett always has a habit of saying hes not "too good" at patching lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I'm guessing EPR before the 2.0 OTA update would be a good idea.
    Preware should take care of everything... I think there are patches that still need to be removed before a webOS update... specifically patches that modify more than one package. (This issue may have been fixed since the 1.4.5 update, but I have not heard anything about it)

Maybe Rod or someone else who knows more than me will explain in more detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Garrett always has a habit of saying hes not "too good" at patching lol.
    I'm fine with HTML and CSS. Javascript is a different story lol. I will admit though that ever since I started work on UMT-TopBar4, I have been learning Javascript pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Preware should take care of everything... I think there are patches that still need to be removed before a webOS update... specifically patches that modify more than one package.
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    What about overclocking?
    I have a strong feeling I will not be updating to 2.0 for a while, considering what will most likely be lost for good.

I can't think of one feature 2.0 is bringing that is worth losing the functionality of certain patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    What about overclocking?
    How about trying the Pre2 with the stock 1GHz frequency before worrying about that

Overclocking requires access to the device, the webOS doctor, and the kernel source code for that version of webOS on that device.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    How about trying the Pre2 with the stock 1GHz frequency before worrying about that

Overclocking requires access to the device, the webOS doctor, and the kernel source code for that version of webOS on that device.

-- Rod
    I think he was talking about oc'ing the Pre/Pre+ w/ 2.0 installed!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I think he was talking about oc'ing the Pre/Pre+ w/ 2.0 installed!

Only one of those things is currently available.

-- Rod
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    So AUPT should take care of all Patches?

Weren't there some patches that needed to be uninstalled even for 1.4.5?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So AUPT should take care of all Patches?

Weren't there some patches that needed to be uninstalled even for 1.4.5?
    That is correct, as stated in the post which I was answering.

-- Rod
    i have a pre plus (at&t), and i have had every palm GSM phone since the handspring springboard module! i have seen a complete evolution in these phones, and while they keep getting better and better...i will most likely skip the pre 2, holding out for what's beyond.

i have yet to see anything offered in webos 2.0 that makes me willing to lose all the customization these awesome patches provide by upgrading from 1.4.5 to 2.0!

even the hardware doesn't have enough significant improvements to move from a pre plus to a pre 2.
    lilal, are you able to upgrade to 2.0 on the pre plus?

Only one of those things is currently available.

-- Rod
    I think the question here is, will it hurt if we upgrade to 2.0 with the Overclocked Kernel installed?

Will 2.0 overwrite the Kernel we have? Or cause a conflict?

To be safe I will probably remove it first.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    I think the question here is, will it hurt if we upgrade to 2.0 with the Overclocked Kernel installed?

Will 2.0 overwrite the Kernel we have? Or cause a conflict?

To be safe I will probably remove it first.
    Probably the safest bet... I am going to miss it, but hopefully 2.0 in much needed speed to our antiquated devices with or without patch assistance.
    There should be a sticky detailing how to handle patches with the 2.0 upgrade when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by motsww View Post
    lilal, are you able to upgrade to 2.0 on the pre plus?
    2.0 is only for Pre2 right now. Palm is working on a different version of 2.0 for Pre+/-.
    Even developers don't have it yet.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast