Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I installed it on my Unlocked GSM Pre2 and my Sprint Pre2.

It does NOT work. Also, it does not appear that it can be modified to work on a non-VZW device. The service is compiled (nearly impossible to change) and it does the checking on what carrier it is. Unless you trick the device into thinking it is on Verizon (which probably has unintended consequences), you probably cannot use Skype on a non-VZW device.
    I'm sorry (but not surprised) to hear that. It's really irritating that VZW has locked up Skype in such a nasty way for Smartphones (iPhone excluded). 90% of the time, all I want to use it for is the text chat vs. VOIP.

Even though it's silly (having to pay for a free service), perhaps IM+ will un-abandon their WebOS app in the future & bundle in Skype messaging.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    I'm sorry (but not surprised) to hear that. It's really irritating that VZW has locked up Skype in such a nasty way for Smartphones (iPhone excluded). 90% of the time, all I want to use it for is the text chat vs. VOIP.

Even though it's silly (having to pay for a free service), perhaps IM+ will un-abandon their WebOS app in the future & bundle in Skype messaging.
    I installed the Skype packages (two of them) on my GSM converted to Sprint Pre2 with a WR doctor. It didn't do anything, until I tried to call a 1-800 number today and the phone asked me if I wanted to use Sprint or Skype. I tried skype, but it said I was not logged in. I may just need to figure out what app, or how to launch the setup to get my login info into the service. Haven't really tried to get it working to be honest.
    without a front facing cam I really only need skype chat tbh..
    +1
    who cares about Skype when webos internals is hard at work at a great homebrew voip app?
    I may not understand SIP well, but will the homebrew app allow me to VoIP with my Skype contacts directly? If not, then I do care about Skype unfortunately.
    Ive got a pre2 gsm. skype calls and msg works over 3g and wifi.. but I have another pre2 that does not have it.. can anyone help me extract it and install it to the pre2 and of course share it to ever wants it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12