1.    #1  
    I am constantly having to go back and correct typos because I typed a word like "look" or "food" or "deer"....
    I end up with "lok" or "fod" or "der"

Any words that have the same letter twice, Palm skips the second letter because it thinks your finger jumped or something. I guess it goes along with the fat fingers thing where it skips adjacent letters typed.

Can there be a patch developed to stop this annoying "feature"?

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I am constantly having to go back and correct typos because I typed a word like "look" or "food" or "deer"....
    I end up with "lok" or "fod" or "der"

Any words that have the same letter twice, Palm skips the second letter because it thinks your finger jumped or something. I guess it goes along with the fat fingers thing where it skips adjacent letters typed.

Can there be a patch developed to stop this annoying "feature"?
    My last 2 phones did that. If you are on VeriZon it's a known hardware keyboard issue. Get a replacement device.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    My last 2 phones did that. If you are on VeriZon it's a known hardware keyboard issue. Get a replacement device.
    Nope. Sprint Pre.
    I'm almost certain that I read a while back that this is actually a "feature" that Palm thought was a good idea. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that thread anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Nope. Sprint Pre.
    I'm almost certain that I read a while back that this is actually a "feature" that Palm thought was a good idea. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that thread anymore.
    Well I do know of some patches that would correct spelling, but all too often I found the predictive text predicting the wrong word, requiring me to backspace once each time. This was almost as annoying as the "feature" you speak of. I'd still talk to them, I know of nothing that you are experiencing that was "intentional" After a few replacements my KB now is golden. There was even a poll on various keyboard anomalies.
    Maybe something could me changed in /etc/palm/smartkey.conf? There are also some files in /etc/palm/smartkey/ that may control this "feature"...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Maybe something could me changed in /etc/palm/smartkey.conf? There are also some files in /etc/palm/smartkey/ that may control this "feature"...
    Hmmm, I looked at some of these files but nothing jumped out at me. Anyone with more WebOS knowledge than me take a look?

If it is not a hardware problem, have you considered doctoring your phone?
    I can say that I've never had this happen on my Pre. Just tried it now. Deer, Food, Look all type out as they should. You might also try the webOS Repair Utility with Override mode before doctoring as the last resort.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    Ah. Well I guess I am quick, but just not that quick on the keyboard!
    It seems a solution is coming or has come about for those running into the problem. I'll have to keep that thread in mind if I start typing faster and run into the issue.

Thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie