Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Well there you have it

In that case, go with "Alternative Keyboard Brightness Patch" as originally posted

( BTW, is this inverted with the screen brightness, or just the keyboard brightness alone? )
    1. I will go with this: "Alternative Keyboard Brightness Patches"

2. My patches will be keyboard brightness alone;

Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25

Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50

If these get the okay from webos-internals, I will add the requested, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.

Speebs has some interesting Inverted Keyboard Brightness patches I am trying to get him to submit.
    Cool Ranch
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    does anyone know if either of these is compatible with the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch by Sconix?
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    does anyone know if either of these is compatible with the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch by Sconix?
    Unless I am mistaken, I am afraid not.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  5.    #25  
    Hagster:

The Fixed Keyboard Brightness patches are.

The ACSP patch is the main reason I needed this patches as I like min brightness which was turning off my keyboard backlight.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    @webOSdealer : A Day In My Life, #MaskAppeal Video - Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSdealer View Post
    1. I will go with this: "Alternative Keyboard Brightness Patches"

2. My patches will be keyboard brightness alone;

Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25

Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50

If these get the okay from webos-internals, I will add the requested, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.

Speebs has some interesting Inverted Keyboard Brightness patches I am trying to get him to submit.
    Thank you! I'd really love to see the Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 patch in Preware!!!
    <<Thread title changed>>

I am looking forward to trying out the Fixed 50 patch, as I am finding 80 (in Sconix's version) a bit too bright.

Thank you for doing these, and for taking a little bit of the load off of Sconix.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    +1 for the 100% patch.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Any chance of a 15% fixed patch for us cat-eyed battery misers?
  10.    #30  
    I am about to submit my first 2 patches to preware.

There was a request to take some of the pressure off of sconix with fixed keyboard brightness patches.

I am submitting patches for the following fixed brightness:

25% and 50% - NOW IN PREWARE

I prefer a minimum brightness, but realize some users would prefer a medium brightness.

I will update the post when/if the patches make it into preware.
    25%, 50%, 100% - NOW IN PREWARE

15% - Can you please try out the 25% and let me know if this is still needed.

Blaize: Thanks for the title change.
    Last edited by webOSdealer; 10/19/2010 at 08:57 AM.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Patches Added to Preware: Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25, Fixed Keyboard Brightness 50, & Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100.
    25% and 50% - NOW IN PREWARE

100% - Submitted and approved - will be in Preware shortly
    cool! I use extended batteries so I don't worry about battery drain from 100%
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I installed fixed 100 and it did not seem to work. I uninstalled and installed Sconix's 80 percent patch, 80 did work. Uninstalled 80 to test 100 again and got the same results but this time I noticed that the 100 patch did not prompt for a luna reboot. It only gave a confirmation that the patch had been installed but even after a luna restart, it did not work for me.

On the flip side, this patch did work.

http://forums.precentral.net/spe_att...ightness.patch

UPDATE: Now this one doesn't seem to be working...what's up with that? I updated Advanced config today, it must be conflicting.
    Last edited by bakerja; 10/19/2010 at 11:00 AM.
  13.    #33  
    Bakerja:

The Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 in preware is currently a placeholder only. I have been told that there is a glitch in the submit patch site. When the patch is updated, it will show an update in preware available for Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 if you keep it installed.

Otherwise, you can use sconix's 80 patch until the updated version is released.

Also, there shouldn't be a conflict with the ACSP patch at all. Perhaps you should try another luna restart.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Bakerja:

The Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 in preware is currently a placeholder only. I have been told that there is a glitch in the submit patch site. When the patch is updated, it will show an update in preware available for Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 if you keep it installed.

Otherwise, you can use sconix's 80 patch until the updated version is released.

Also, there shouldn't be a conflict with the ACSP patch at all. Perhaps you should try another luna restart.
    I uninstalled the 100 patch listed above and reinstalled. Everything working normally now...all goofiness appears to be corrected.

Thanks for the tip.
    jab
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    personally, I like the inverted brightness patch.
    I like that one also and have been using it for a while. It just showed up in Preware -

Should I:

- keep the version I've been using

- delete the version I've been using and reinstall from Preware

- install from Preware without deleting the old one first?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I like that one also and have been using it for a while. It just showed up in Preware -

Should I:

- keep the version I've been using

- delete the version I've been using and reinstall from Preware

- install from Preware without deleting the old one first?
    The Inverted Keyboard Brightness Patch from sconix I believe will be the one to go with, as most likely it will be supported with AUPT.

I would uninstall the one you have installed and then install the one sconix just released.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, I am afraid not.
    I think you are mistaken. I've been using the inverted patch since it came out and it plays nicely with Sconix's patches.

My version of the Inverted Brightness patch simply changes a couple of the cutoff values. These can easily be changed for different versions of the patch.

The one I am using, and will submit if there is interest, does the following:

• Screen Brightness < 30%: Keyboard fixed at 20% (dark conditions- I don't need the keyboard to be bright)
    • Screen Brightness > 30% and < 50%: Keyboard inverted brightness from 50% to 20%
    • Screen Brightness > 50%: Keyboard brightness 0% (bright conditions- I can see the keys and don't need them backlit)

This was designed to eke out as much battery life as possible. It should be noted that:

a) my screen is almost exclusively at 0% brightness
    b) I chose a minimum keyboard level of 20% because I found it most usable on my particular hardware
    c) I'm sure the battery savings is negligible at best

Like I said, if there is interest, I'll submit the patch. If I had time to learn how to write an app, I would make an interface to control these variables, and then these patches would be irrelevant.
    Last edited by Speebs; 10/19/2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I uninstalled the 100 patch listed above and reinstalled. Everything working normally now...all goofiness appears to be corrected.

Thanks for the tip.
    jab
    These patches seem to be a little weird in that I think you need to do a Luna restart after you uninstall each patch and BEFORE you install the next one. For some reason, if you uninstall one patch and then immediately install another, the second one does not take effect.
  19.    #39  
    The Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 patch has been updated in Preware to be compatible with 1.4.5 - Enjoy.

PS: Please let Speebs know if you want his variations of Inverted Keyboard Brightness in preware
    The Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100 patch has been updated in Preware to be compatible with 1.4.5 - Enjoy.
    It installed PERFECTLY! Thank you for taking it upon yourself to finally make this patch available through Preware.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast