Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I too love this patch (these patches) and the work people are doing to bring the various volume levels up.

However, since installing them I have encountered an issue using my Bluetooth (Jawbone icon). The last several phone calls I have made people have complained about difficulty hearing and an echo on the line.

I removed the Bluetooth patch and did a Luna then full restart. The echo problem has vanished.

Headset patch is still operational. Works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Thank you for the information.

Do you know if you were using the revised in-call BT patch? The first version had people reporting that the person on the other end said they sounded muffled.

If not, maybe try installing it again (from the beginning of this thread) and see if that helps.

Anyone else experiencing similar echo problems on bt?
    I can confirm that you need to install the latest update in post 1. I have a jawbone Icon as well and with that update all the other problems are gone.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    You mean the front speaker on the phone while in-call? That is included in the patches in post #1.
    I downloaded the one from PW. Is the phone ear piece supposed to be included in that too? Doesn't seem louder to me.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  3.    #143  
    The non bluetooth one in Preware should work fine. Have you did a full reboot? The regular headset one in Preware doesn't include the in call tweak yet I will upload them this weekend.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The non bluetooth one in Preware should work fine. Have you did a full reboot? The regular headset one in Preware doesn't include the in call tweak yet I will upload them this weekend.
    Oh ya, the speaker and headphones are cranked up nicely. Was just wanting the ear piece louder now, it's always been too quiet on some calls. Will look forward to that upload thanks!
    Everybody wants some!..
    I started a thread in the pixi forum to pm jc-treo regarding the pixi. Pezman stepped up and is willing to help.
    thanks so much and where are donations to be sent?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I started a thread in the pixi forum to pm jc-treo regarding the pixi. Pezman stepped up and is willing to help.
    thanks so much and where are donations to be sent?

Great. I got his pm. I only have limited computer access this weekend, but we will see what we can figure out.

The question is, how does the pixi control volume levels in the qualcomm chipset? I am not finding any of the config files that are in /etc/audio on the pre.

No donations here. I guess I always give to the webOS Internals crew for all they do to support this platform.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    JC you are awesome at this! I am sure people would donate as this patch is great and everyone who uses it agrees. I have both the pre and pixi and your work makes the pre much more enjoyable.
    Great work to you and mamouton!
    GOOD LUCK ON THE PIXI!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    JC you are awesome at this! I am sure people would donate as this patch is great and everyone who uses it agrees. I have both the pre and pixi and your work makes the pre much more enjoyable.
    Great work to you and mamouton!
    GOOD LUCK ON THE PIXI!
    I fear the pixi might be hard to patch the audio. First we need to figure out how it even controls the audio levels. Only then can we even begin to try to figure out how to tweak them!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    this patch was so needed. thanks: jctreo, mamouton, joetemp75, and fixxer1022
    Awesome patch. Now I can listen to Pandora in my car without a bluetooth headset!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion01 View Post
    Awesome patch. Now I can listen to Pandora in my car without a bluetooth headset!
    you can get an fm radio transmitter to plug into the cig. lighter and play over your stereo . just sayin and with this patch its really not bad at all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #152  
    Just got word the updated patches are available in Preware.
    Yeppers. Got them install now
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just got word the updated patches are available in Preware.
    Does this update boost the ear piece as well?
    Is there anyway to REDUCE the volume? My pre is too danged loud on the headset, no matter how low I set it
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    yes this is what I needs to know !!
    &nyone know this answer ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    (I've ask this question before, but I guess it was somehow overlook)

Is there anyway of having a set volume? I mean to set it at a volume level so when I receive a text, or call it doesn't automatically goes up to highest volume. Mine does that.

Any ideas?
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes this is what I needs to know !!
    &nyone know this answer ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Yes this updated the ear piece. Are you using wired or bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Is there anyway to REDUCE the volume? My pre is too danged loud on the headset, no matter how low I set it
    jc-treo has posted one that took it up halfway. That version was not submitted to preware, no one has commented on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    (I've ask this question before, but I guess it was somehow overlook)

Is there anyway of having a set volume? I mean to set it at a volume level so when I receive a text, or call it doesn't automatically goes up to highest volume. Mine does that.

Any ideas?
    If you go to sound settings you should be able to set your system sounds. It shouldn't jump up and down once you set it unless you recorded your ringtone/media sounds extremely loud.
    The patch spkr-hdst-volume increases the in call volume and media volume on the wired headset and the front and back speaker it combines all the speaker and headset tweaks from this thread.
    In the description of 'spkr-hdst-incall-volume.patch', you specify only a "wired headset". But then you also state that the 'spkr-hdst-incall-volume.patch' combines all the speaker and headset tweaks from this thread. So does this patch include the 'bt-media-volume-0db-tx-gain-t1.patch'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    In the description of 'spkr-hdst-incall-volume.patch', you specify only a "wired headset". But then you also state that the 'spkr-hdst-incall-volume.patch' combines all the speaker and headset tweaks from this thread. So does this patch include the 'bt-media-volume-0db-tx-gain-t1.patch'?
    No it doesn't include the bluetooth and I will update first post for clarity. Thanks!

Post updated.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast